Clutch Problems?

1 reply to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted May 08, 2001 - 03:26 PM

I have heard some rumors that the 00 YZ 426F's (which I own) are plagued with clutch basket problems. :) I know I haven't experienced any problems with my bike, but should I be expecting expensive clutch maintenance in the near future? I know Hinson Racing makes a killer aftermarket clutch basket/pressure plate, but is it necessary to replace these items or does good maintenance do the trick? Is it possible to drill holes in the fingers of the stock basket to achieve greater oil flow similar to the Hinson basket?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted May 08, 2001 - 04:33 PM

If you just do a search on clutch here you'll come up with a wealth of info. I will add also that I would recommend against modifying your stock clutch basket in any way, especially drilling holes in it, as that is the main part in question! Hope this helps.

00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
91 CR125
83 YZ490
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.