Thoughts on Dr.D

4 replies to this topic
  • Duramax913

Posted May 02, 2011 - 12:28 PM

Found a slightly used full Dr.D for my 08 yz450 in good shape for $275.. Good price? Good qualitly? And I've heard it should wake up my bike some.. will I need to rejet or could I get away with messing with the fuel screw some? Thanks in advance

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2011 - 12:40 PM

I run Dr.D's on both my '06's for 3 & 4 years, and my only complaint about them is they go through packing kind of fast by comparison, and that the header usually interferes with removing the front oil filter cover bolt. You have to loosen the header and pry it up out of the way a little. Otherwise, it's been great. It produces a good, broad spread of power, too.

On an '06, it uses the same jetting that works with a stock pipe (45/165 for mine). With the '08, the pilot and main will be OK, but the needle may actually need to be changed with any good pipe. I suggest an NFPP (5TA-14916-PP) needle, clip in 4, and either the stock 45 pilot or a 43, and a 165 main.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Duramax913

Posted May 02, 2011 - 12:59 PM

Thanks gray, that is exactly what I needed to know.. Do you think $275 is a fair used price? Dude says it has no more than 10 hours use

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2011 - 03:14 PM

If it's in excellent condition, and he pays the shipping, then it's fair if you both agree to it.

• Duramax913

Posted May 02, 2011 - 04:02 PM

The pics look good on craigslist, he's located about twenty minutes from me plus he's going to throw in a set of decent plastics :thumbsup: might as well go pick it up.. appreciate the help!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.