2011 450yzf Tuning for fun

10 replies to this topic
  • poliisi2

Posted May 02, 2011 - 04:50 AM

I like test some mods on my bikes this what i did last. I mix it up GYTR head, YRRD cams, JD high compression piston, Yoshimura exhaust and YRRD programmed cdi from GET. Need to say bike became scary fast much more bottom, mid power and bike dont stop its just pulls mostly because rev limiters are lot higher. For hobby rider like me these parts are no use but its fun to try some stuff sometimes.:thumbsup:

• HRC

Posted May 02, 2011 - 04:59 AM

I like test some mods on my bikes this what i did last. I mix it up GYTR head, YRRD cams, JD high compression piston, Yoshimura exhaust and YRRD programmed cdi from GET. Need to say bike became scary fast much more bottom, mid power and bike dont stop its just pulls mostly because rev limiters are lot higher. For hobby rider like me these parts are no use but its fun to try some stuff sometimes.:thumbsup:

Can you buy just the cams from YRRD ? I thought you only could buy the complete YRRD kit , not part by part ?

I guess we are talkig about the same thing here, YRRD ( Yamaha Rinaldi R & D)

• poliisi2

Posted May 02, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Yep you right only can buy more parts if you have complet kit. I got them from my dealer he run litle MX team and they use rinaldi kit on their race bikes.

• eurobound

Posted March 09, 2012 - 09:08 AM

I like test some mods on my bikes this what i did last. I mix it up GYTR head, YRRD cams, JD high compression piston, Yoshimura exhaust and YRRD programmed cdi from GET. Need to say bike became scary fast much more bottom, mid power and bike dont stop its just pulls mostly because rev limiters are lot higher. For hobby rider like me these parts are no use but its fun to try some stuff sometimes.:bonk:

cool post... I like how you pointed out that for a regular rider it was scary fast and no use! Very honest!

I saw that the whole YRRD kit is about 1750 EUR ( the GYTR head is separate I think) ...

would be nice to try the YRRD cams/kit on a WR250F with a big bore kit and GYTR head for enduro? :-)

• poliisi2

Posted March 09, 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi.

Dont make big bore engine i try it once its no fun bike comes so heavy to turn in corners. This is strange thing but it will happen.
If you want more cc your bike use stroker crank 4mm more stroke makes 450 to 470 and this is good mod handling
for bike stays same as before.

If you want some good whit good prize order from US complete GYTR head whit cams and High comp piston
you will get nice usable power band. And prize is good because Euro / Us dollar rates.

Have fun!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • geshields

Posted March 09, 2012 - 02:27 PM

I gotta say I love my GYTR head. I now have a Carillo Rod that is 2.5mm longer than stock and the CP piston(13.5:1) to go along with it and the bike flat rips. And it is USABLE power not the rip your shoulders out of their sockets type of power. The engine just keeps going and going and going with no flat spot! :bonk:

• poliisi2

Posted July 01, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi.

How did you make 2.5mm longer rod fit? Did you make extra " gasket " 2.5mm?

• geshields

Posted July 01, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hi.

How did you make 2.5mm longer rod fit? Did you make extra " gasket " 2.5mm?

It is a kit from CP-Carrillo. It is a CP piston that has the wrist pin location higher into the dome. It is the Project X Platinum kit. Part #CPKX1P70 No special gaskets required.

• poliisi2

Posted July 02, 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hi.

Is it make stroke longer? 2.5mm more stroke you get around 470cc-475cc engine.

This mod really make on the engine usable power band.

• geshields

Posted July 02, 2012 - 06:30 AM

It does not make the stroke longer. Supposedly it gets a more complete fuelburn by being near tdc and bdc longer.

• grayracer513

Posted July 02, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is it make stroke longer?

The stroke is controlled by the crankshaft. The length of the rod has nothing directly to do with it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.