2005 wr450 carb parts

5 replies to this topic
  • strtdsmallproject

Posted May 02, 2011 - 04:46 AM

Im having some float issues and cant find part numbers for the float needle seat. I was wanting to change the seat along with the needle.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 02, 2011 - 10:16 AM

You may not find that in the Yamaha parts catalog.

look at Sudco. Or, just call them. They got the stuff that you can't get directly from Yamaha.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted May 02, 2011 - 01:06 PM

sudco says that the seat is not removeable. Its real hard to believe. I just changed the seat and needle out on my buddys 426 and that carb looks almost the same minus the hot start on the side of the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 02, 2011 - 07:58 PM

That seat is brass, isn't it?

Someone, somewhere should have that. I remember asking Sudco about that two years ago for my 450 and they told me it was available. Do you think they were referring to the seat for the 426 carb instead?

Another question, why do you think that the seat needs to be replaced? Is gas leaking past the float needle? Is there a "thicker" one available?

• William1

Posted May 03, 2011 - 03:55 AM

Try CarbPartsWarehouse ot KTM or Cyclewearables

No no 'thicker' seas are made, it would only force you to reset your float height anyways, negating the extra thickness.

Usually a leak at the seat is caused by the oring there having dried out and cracked. The needle seat very, very rarely needs replacing.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted May 04, 2011 - 06:01 PM

I agree, i was just gonna change it while i was back in the carb. Im gonna just get a new valve needle and see if it fixes it. I figured while i had the carb out and starter out i would just replace. starter is comming out for new brushes. Thanks for reading and offering all the help

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.