09 yz450 rekluse z-start pro

3 replies to this topic
  • 2biker

Posted May 01, 2011 - 02:52 PM

well just got the z-pro installed per the manual went good straight forward instructions noticed 0 feel on clutch lever raised rpm to 4500 as instructed noticed slight feel if any tried to get some sort of feeling when pulling lever. i installed the bushing under the wave spring seat and plate gap was correct it seems to work smooth when riding i am just concerned about the clutch lever adjustment per instructions seems impossible to get am i missing something thanks for any help

• andrewms777

Posted May 01, 2011 - 06:33 PM

Does the clutch disengage when you pull the leaver in while riding?? If not try adjusting the cable till you get leaver feel. If it is desengaging then I'm not sure. I had to adjust my cable in about 1/2 inch when I installed mine to get feel at the leaver.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2011 - 06:43 PM

With the engine off or idling, there will be next to no tension on the lever, as if it's not connected. When you run the engine up past about 4000, you should have about a half inch of free play. The lever will still feel very light compared to stock, but you should be able to manually disengage the clutch in a normal fashion.

If you're looking for normal manual clutch feel, you won't get it. It's always going to be way lighter that normal.

• 2biker

Posted May 02, 2011 - 08:22 AM

Thanks guys will get in today from work and try again. i was all messed up with the initial feeling heck got ready to stop let off gas hit the brakes no stalling when stopping. Just had a few minutes to ride did not think to try and pull lever under load. 40 yrs of riding with a clutch just confusing to say the least! Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

• Hot  30 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.