XR650R in technical woods race, can it win?

68 replies to this topic
  • Lorax

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:21 AM

I bought my XR650R used with less than 300 miles and 3 months old for $3500
Wonder why it was so cheap? :)
BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS THEM :D
you can't come up with a real reason why the WR250 is better
It's about 75 lbs. lighter and not the size of a small truck. It actually turns when you want it to without having to work yourself to death. Of course if you ride around in your yard all day with your a$$ on the seat I guess those reasons don't count. :D

• TimBrp

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:27 AM

Lorax you better head off to the Brain gym and pump some brain cells in pal. I live in Massachusetts and ride in some of the tightest areas possible. I smoke Cr250's Cr500's, Puny Wr's(like yours) and many more. If you've got the coconuts and the arms to hold on then the BRP is a great winning tool. I'll give you the fact that it is heavy standing still. However, when in motion it really doesn't feel like it. Only reason you call it crappy is because your wee body can't handle it. Wr250- a real bike...c'mon man. Least you could have done is get a 450. I wish for the opportunity to huck a rock at your helmet and test the DOT and Snell approval ratings.

• Lorax

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:30 AM

I wish for the opportunity to huck a rock at your helmet and test the DOT and Snell approval ratings...
:) :D :D Keep wishing :D :D :D

• Freakboy

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:35 AM

lorass...

It is obvious that your little nancy boy ass can't handle the power that is provided by the pig.

The first post on this thread is proof enough that the BRP is a formidable woods bike....christ the dude won his class and placed overall.

The WR is 75lbs lighter but that just proves the fact that you can't handle the big boy bike.

Lorass I think it's best if you take your pantyass waist WR250 with your frosted homo hair and your double hooped earings back to the bench racers that you hang with and talk about how blingy bling your little 250 is...

Until you become a man and ride at least 450 don't show your scronny litte ass around here.

• TimBrp

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:40 AM

Lorax are you serious I would eat you up in the trails on that thing. In the first stretch I'd have you in my roost line. Not to say your WR is a POS, which it's not. It's just not a Honda, not a 650 and not welcome in this part of the forum. Go back with the other 16 year olds in the 250 forum and let us be.

• JackAttack

Posted December 09, 2003 - 10:02 AM

I almost bought a WR250...... FOR MY WIFE! :)

It's about 75 lbs. lighter

A PW50 is about 100lbs lighter than your WR. According to you it would be the better of the two. In power that would be about the same comparison with your bike and the BRP.

Official "claimed" dry weights:

XR650 - 277lbs.
WR250 - 229lbs.

math = 48lb. difference(again, claimed dry weight)

BTW: PW50 - 82lbs. (claimed dry weight) :D

• oldoutdoorsman

Posted December 09, 2003 - 10:19 AM

I wish for the opportunity to huck a rock at your helmet and test the DOT and Snell approval ratings...
Keep wishing

I'll one up! I'll Stick my boot up your scrawny Ass as I pass you! The price of my bike...My gain the sellers loss! How much do you weight? You don't need lead in your britches to throw the weight of the BRP around! Just Balls to hold on and give it gas!

• Carlisle1972

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:12 AM

Hey Lorax I rode a wr250 for one month biggest mistake ever, Im so glad you said you have a wr250 because its the slowest, most overrated bike ever, not kidding in a tight singletrack loop, tons of trees, rocks, roots, real twisty = (a turn about every 15 feet) ridding a 5.2 mile loop on a wr250 Best time was 30 minutes 23 seconds and on my "fat slow turd as you put it" was 24 minutes 27 sec. Dont be mad because you have a womans bike and yes the pigs are a little bit less money because everyone thinks like you do, most people dont have the balls to ride a 650r in woods but when you get them or borrow some from our side you will see. HMMMM in the six day tryouts at sea level in Washinton bryan nylander rode a wr 250 to qualify did poor he said way under powered for the mud sand and uphill sections at sea level :) he traded it in the second he crossed the line for a KTM 200 for power :D and we all know they arent overly powerfull. My offer still stands here in Colorado You will be standing still sucking your thumb wondering what happened to you when I pass you in trees so close even your skinny boyfriend couldnt walk through em. If you want Ill put on some training wheels and you can ride around the parking lot while your mom and I catch up on OLD TIMES :D

• Rockjockey

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:18 AM

Jack,fill him in on the rest of the equation,48 pounds difference and 48 horsepower difference.The pig eats little turd 450's everyday and shits little lorax a perfect woods weapon regularly.Ride your little turd on back over to the yamadog forum,before you get your feelings hurt. :) Or you could go to your mothers purse and sneak off with your daddys nuts and reply.

• JackAttack

Posted December 09, 2003 - 11:43 AM

Jack,fill him in on the rest of the equation.

I don't want to give Lorass too much to chew on at once.

I expect qadsan at any time now, to fill the lads head with some #'s. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldoutdoorsman

Posted December 09, 2003 - 12:20 PM

Hey LameAss Lorax,
Honestly, I couldn't place a WR250 before. I was going by the name earlier? I just couldn't picture one! I figured it looked similar to a WR450 b/c I see those all the time, reputable bikes, but couldn’t imagine one close to half the size! I guess b/c no one in the woods, east of the Mississippi rides them that small. I guess they stick to the kiddy trails! So I looked up on Yamaha's site to find out about the wr250 b/c I thought I had never seen one before!

After I saw it, it clicked! I remembered where I had seen some before!

About mid this past summer one afternoon I went to my normal romping ground HERE IN TIGHT WOODS for an afternoon ride while it was cooler and before it got dark, and saw these two fellows, lets call them Moron 1 and Moron 2, unloading these two very nice looking, clean, rigged to the teeth, WR250Fs. They were really drawing a crowd b/c with their gear on and all colors matching us small town folk probably expected that McGrath fellow and TV cameras filming and we wanted to be on at least once this year and it not be in a COPS episode or news broadcast! Well most everyone was finished for the day and finished packing up to leave and I was unpacking for my afternoon/evening ride when Moron1 and 2 fired up and rode off in a cloud of dust riding wheelies and showing off! I pulled on my overalls, steel toed work boots, and got my open faced helmet and set off to enjoy the evening! No more than 15 min into the trail and a half an hour after Moron 1 and 2 left I ran into them again. They stopped at the bottom of this hill, one bike was parked at the bottom, and Moron 1 and 2 were picking up the other b/c he laid it over trying to climb this particularly noble hill! I about $h!T myself b/c it was getting late, I was flying, (not expecting to see anyone) and it was a blind turn and they were in the middle of the trail in the middle of this monster hill! I recovered and was able to climb up to them, stop to check if anyone was hurt, then put it in 2nd from idle and spin on up the hill! I then ran across them again on my way back while in a muddy stretch. Moron 1 and 2, both stuck up to the foot pegs in the near dark! Being they hadn’t been disrespectful to me and the good ole boy that I am and that I respect anyone out riding no matter what he/she/you ride, (as long as you don't come ragging what I got) I helped this Moron 1 get one out of a mud hole while he was cussin and screamin at his stupidity! Turned out Moron 2 also got stuck trying to prove his buddy wrong and was stuck just behind him! I didn't want to wallow in the mud out where he was (thats for my pig) so we hooked up a strap and I pulled him out of the hole with my "sucky" XR650R! I then proceeded to leave through the same mud hole with my front wheel held high through the whole thing! I couldn’t help myself! I assure you they are riding pigs now b/c they could buy 4 for the price of their two WR250s and all that fancy looking crap! It certainly didn't help them ride any better! Now that I can place a name on your bike, you will be hard pressed to ever convince me otherwise of the rideability of a WR250F.

By the way only 25lbs lighter than the WR450 and practically half the engine! Go to the WR450 forum and rag them on their bikes if you want a closer comparison! (be sure to ask for Eagle 426) Then come back when you have grown up and maybe we’ll let you run with the big dogs after they have learned you some manners on how to behave, little boy!

• XR/CRDave

Posted December 09, 2003 - 03:41 PM

Well said oldoutdoorsman!

I usually stay out of arguements about what type of bike is best or does better in certain situations. But this one is a no brainer, a BRP will smoke a little WR250 anywhere at anytime. I can't believe some kid would come over to this forum and dig up an old post and say that the BRP sucks, especially when he rides a wr250. There is no comparison. He must be looking for a fight or something to make that kind of statement.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 09, 2003 - 04:45 PM

Just one Question lorfag... Did you ever ride or see sombody riding a brp before??? Just like i said you got burned!!!!

Watch this clip ya petard this is all the glimps youll get if you meet a 650 in the woods i know This video is in the desert but its the same thing that will happen in the woods. :)

http://video.off-roa...s/honda650r.avi

Id like to see you try and catch that on your pewny little 250

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 09, 2003 - 04:59 PM

Hey i bet Mr 660 and eagle 426 paid lorfag to come over here and harass us cause they no longer have the balls to do that anymore we ran em over with our Pigs!!!!! :D :) :D :D

• J_T

Posted December 09, 2003 - 05:11 PM

I guess the poor little fellow has seen defeat and decided not to show up again!

Hey Lorax, It's ok to be wrong! We all make mistakes at times but most of us have fixed it when we got our BRP's.
So it'd be best for you to just admit when your wrong and and bow out honorably. Swallowing your pride is a big step to be coming a man. Then maybe one of these days you can handle at XR650 of your own!

• oldoutdoorsman

Posted December 09, 2003 - 05:30 PM

Uh Oh, Calling in the big guns huh? If they get ahold of Lameass then they will not only rip him a new one but they will reach in and pull him inside out and hang him out to dry by his useless nutz sack! Wouldn't that be a sight!

• qadsan

Posted December 09, 2003 - 06:53 PM

Another quick clip...

http://www.dezertpeo...ps/dp2/3big.wmv

• stonewall

Posted December 09, 2003 - 07:45 PM

&%$#@! :) I guess your school was cancelled because of snow and the babysitter has been letting you play with the computer.
I was riding and racing big bore thumpers when you were still passing Gerber gas through a Huggies. I was schooled by riding with and getting passed by names like Summers, Plessinger, Andrews, Lojak, Smith, Hawkins, Cooper, Hatch, etc, etc. I've even raced with desert names like Roseler, Campbell, and Davis. I sure as hell don't have anything to prove to a piss ant on a WR250F. I'm getting old and slower but I'm still willing to teach a young punk some important life lessons. I live high up in the Alleghenies of Va/WV and have access to thousands of acres of the best woods riding anywhere. Whenever you're up for showing me what a sucker I am for buying a 650 send me a PM and I'll drop everything to go riding with you. In the meantime keep reading all those glossy California magazines that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Make sure you read all the pro riding tips because you're going to need all the help you can get. Practice picking you're bike up too cause half the time you will be carrying that POS blue minibike that was DESIGNED for the woods. If your last name was Hawkins I might give you some credibility but you're too stupid to be any good. By the way, The Lorax is a Dr. Seuss book that I read to my three year old, maybe that explains your intelligence level. :D

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 10, 2003 - 08:51 AM

&%$#@! :) I guess your school was cancelled because of snow and the babysitter has been letting you play with the computer.
I was riding and racing big bore thumpers when you were still passing Gerber gas through a Huggies. I was schooled by riding with and getting passed by names like Summers, Plessinger, Andrews, Lojak, Smith, Hawkins, Cooper, Hatch, etc, etc. I've even raced with desert names like Roseler, Campbell, and Davis. I sure as hell don't have anything to prove to a piss ant on a WR250F. I'm getting old and slower but I'm still willing to teach a young punk some important life lessons. I live high up in the Alleghenies of Va/WV and have access to thousands of acres of the best woods riding anywhere. Whenever you're up for showing me what a sucker I am for buying a 650 send me a PM and I'll drop everything to go riding with you. In the meantime keep reading all those glossy California magazines that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Make sure you read all the pro riding tips because you're going to need all the help you can get. Practice picking you're bike up too cause half the time you will be carrying that POS blue minibike that was DESIGNED for the woods. If your last name was Hawkins I might give you some credibility but you're too stupid to be any good. By the way, The Lorax is a Dr. Seuss book that I read to my three year old, maybe that explains your intelligence level. :D

:D :D :D :D
Don't you just love young, dumb kids? I take pleasure in punishing those guys in the mountains here. They go pretty good in the open trails for short periods of time but give them to me for a day and it always goes like this:

While we're suiting up...
Kid: "Last week I was flying thru so and so trail and nobody could touch me, blah, blah, blah."

1st hour...
Kid: "Wow, this is a lot of rocks! Are all the trails like this?" Me: "No, just the rocky ones..."

2nd hour...
Kid: "UUnnnnggghhhh! Damn this is a big log!" Me: "Oh you like that huh. Perfect cause there's a bigger one around the corner..."

3rd hour...
Kid: "Pant, pant, I don't think I have enough gas so I better go back, pant, pant..." Me: "Don't worry, we brought plenty extra just for you, open your tank..."

4th hour on his 4th attempt up some nasty hill...
Kid: "I need help!" Me: "Sorry the help line is right here.(Pointing a foot above his highest attempt)"

5th hour (Excuse time)
Kid: "I'd be riding better if I had sleep last night. Plus I have to go wash the dog and the clothes etc. and I have to go to a party by 4:00 today..." Me: "Here's your choices, you can head back thru all the sh*t we just came thru or you can stick with us to the next road and we can send you back from there" Kid: "How much farther to the next road?" Me: "About the same as if you go back..." Kid under his breath: "F**k!!!"

6th hour:
Me: Where's the kid? Other riders: "Last place I saw him he was (Take your pick- "wedged under his bike" "stuck on a hill" "laying on the side of the trail" "Asking me for water" "Praying to God" etc...)

7th hour...
Other riders: "I think you're done young boy!" Kid: "mumble, mumble, sigh....." Me: "Just one more trail. All you got to do is turn left onto the road at the end and meet at the trucks. We're only gonna wait till the beer is gone. Sun's going down in an hour so if I was you I wouldn't be taking my sweet a$$ time like you have been all day. We're all old enough to be your Dad and we don't camp out at every hard spot so make it snappy, if you want beer that is..."

A few hours later in the dark...
Me: "Here he comes..." Putt-putt-putt-putt Kid: "mumble, mumble, Can someone help me load up?" Me: "Here, have a beer. Where we're you? We we're ready to call my grandmother to go get you." Kid: "I don't want a beer, mumble, mumble..." Me: "Well next week we're going again so meet for breakfast same time..."

Next week he's a no show of course...

This is a true story and it happens every so many months. :D :D

• Lorax

Posted December 11, 2003 - 06:00 AM

:) I'm really sorry guys. I didn't mean to upset you so. I've probably gone and thrown you off schedule on your latest dose of Geritol. :D It was my mistake. I thought I was on the 650 board but judging by your responses
it appears I stumbled into Fantasyland instead. :D I going now, you all can get back to your day dreams. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.