XR650R in technical woods race, can it win?

68 replies to this topic
  • bigtom17

Posted September 03, 2003 - 01:17 AM

Hey Stonewall I bet nobody caugt you cause you knocked them all down the boulders coming off your rear wheel. I tell everyone that rides with me, you better have a chest protector cause you are gonna need it. Even my ATV buddys where them now cause one of them got hit trying to catch me. HE HE good story!! :)

• rigger

Posted September 09, 2003 - 04:23 AM

This is one of the first times I have looked in the BIG XR section and I am impressed to hear people that like a bike with a little weight to it. I have ridden little light weight bikes and they are fun but I do not feel as though I have as much control over them as I do on a big boned bike. I always hear people complaining about weight but if you use it right, it can work for you. I have spent time on XR600's and there is no way that you can tell me that bike can not go fast in the tight stuff.

I almost bought an XR650 but my dealer was out so I went with the 400. After reading some of this stuff, I wish I had waited for the 650.

• J_T

Posted September 09, 2003 - 07:26 AM

I haven't Ridden an XR600 but I ride woods with the XR650R and I'm 165lb and love it. I have started seeing people commenting on the XR650R's weight b/c of what they have found on an XR600 and from what I have read they are not compareable and if you are judging the weight of the XR650R by the XR600 I urdge your to research them a little more b/c I'm told that they are worlds different and BRP handles like a bike half its size compared to the XR600. But I'm open to others opinions b/c this is just what my observations are looking like!

JT

• ill_caper

Posted September 09, 2003 - 01:06 PM

I owned a BRP for two years. It is a great bike and handles well considering its size. I got rid of it due to its low seat height(I am 6'5). I purchased a WR450 since it had about the tallest seat height I could find. After riding my W I can say that the suspension is much better for my style of riding. Tight woods/power lines and hard tracks. I think with a suspension rebuild the XR would be fine in tight woods. Just my $.02 though. :)

• XR250rdr

Posted September 09, 2003 - 08:27 PM

I haven't Ridden an XR600 but I ride woods with the XR650R and I'm 165lb and love it. I have started seeing people commenting on the XR650R's weight b/c of what they have found on an XR600 and from what I have read they are not compareable and if you are judging the weight of the XR650R by the XR600 I urdge your to research them a little more b/c I'm told that they are worlds different and BRP handles like a bike half its size compared to the XR600. But I'm open to others opinions b/c this is just what my observations are looking like!

Same thing that my friends that ride/have ridden XR6's say after throwing a leg over a BRP. Personally I fall down so much I dont want anything heavier than my XR2.5

• Lorax

Posted December 08, 2003 - 06:15 AM

:D What a joke! :D You are joking right? The 650 is a fat turd and doesn't have a chance against a real woods bike. Keep dreaming. Someday you will be able to buy a real bike. :) :D

• needsprayer

Posted December 08, 2003 - 06:38 AM

Did somebody just fart? :)

• Rockjockey

Posted December 08, 2003 - 07:28 AM

No thats just the smell of Lorax wasting his breath! :)

• Lorax

Posted December 08, 2003 - 02:17 PM

:D Sorry to get you old guys so upset :D The 650 is an ok desert bike but to say it works in the woods, give me a break. :D Every time one of these turds sells east of the Mississippi a Honda dealer breathes a huge sigh of relief. :) Just goes to show, there's a sucker born everyday. :D

• needsprayer

Posted December 08, 2003 - 02:29 PM

Man the smell is getting worse. I'm gonna buy me one of those TT air fresheners and hang it on my computer.

Lorax , you gotta quit playing in the kitty litter. Those aren't chocolate covered raisins that you're eating.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted December 08, 2003 - 02:52 PM

Smells like troll. :)

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 08, 2003 - 03:57 PM

It seems to me that Lorax dosnt know what the hell hes talking about and is about to get burned badly!!!! :)

• scorch

Posted December 08, 2003 - 04:27 PM

Lorax , you gotta quit playing in the kitty litter. Those aren't chocolate covered raisins that you're eating.

:)

Lorax, why does the xr650r suck?

• JackAttack

Posted December 08, 2003 - 06:26 PM

Lorax sounds like another one of mr660's brothers. :)

• J_T

Posted December 08, 2003 - 08:14 PM

Lorax!
You gotta give us more to go on!
What bike do you prefer!
What is the basis of your hate of the XR650R other than your own stupidity?
If you wanna get a fight started stand up and take some hits and defend your case instead wasting our time!

• Carlisle1972

Posted December 08, 2003 - 09:47 PM

Lorax knows everything because he started riding about two months ago bought all the new motocross mags and thats what he is going on (Herd of Scott Summers pud) Didnt think so but I bet you know how to ride the bikes real good on your play station. Just say when and where in Colorado Ill be there, I promise I wont even steal your moma when she drops you off :D :D :lol:I never brag about how fast Im but you need a good ass wooping and Im not talking the kind you like to get in the boys locker room. Most of the time I try not to scour roost on people that I ride with but you I promise will be bleeding in your arms and neck, 52 hp's coming at you (dont get excited its only rocks). Go back to your play station and locker room this site is for good people that like to talk about bikes not rip on the ones they only wish they had the balls to ride. If you dont have em Ill lend you a couple extra ones I have. :) :D :D

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 09, 2003 - 06:36 AM

LOL :) :D :D :D

• Kritter

Posted December 09, 2003 - 07:48 AM

I've never ridden woods but I do technical single track often and when on the 650 (bone stock until recently with steel bars and corked)it is so much fun and quick...more so then on my 04 crf450 with all the goodies on it. No matter where you ride it (other then the obvious mx track or like terrain) it is a blast and very capable and fast. Ride it like you got a pair and it treats you good...pussyfoot like my ol' man does and she bucks you off.

• Lorax

Posted December 09, 2003 - 08:49 AM

I gotta say, you are a fiesty bunch of old farts. :D I don't hate the 650. I really could care less about the Big Red Pig. I just hate to hear someone spouting some nonsense about it being a great woods bike. If I were riding somehere that has about 3 trees per acre I might even consider buying a 650, for a few minutes. In the east, a smaller bike will run rings around your porkers all day long. :D J_T, since you asked, I ride a WR250F. A true woods bike. A bike DESIGNED for the woods. A bike none of you know much about since you have never been close enough to one to check it out. :D By the way, what does J_T stand for? Oh, never mind, I figured it out. JUST TAKEN, that's what the dealer said about you when you bought a XR650 :)

• oldoutdoorsman

Posted December 09, 2003 - 09:07 AM

Damn Son! You got some issues!

I don't hate the 650. I really could care less about the Big Red Pig.

That is why you dug up a post that the last reply was 3 months old when you posted! You must have done some searching to find it!
WR250F, Go home! We have had tons of debate about the WR450 and YZ450 and though I still like the XR650R over either they are more of a comparison than your WR250 that you think is a true woods bike! Your wasting our time even more now that I know what you ride!

If you want to turn this debate on J_T's user name, so be it! We won't stoop to your level b/c its just helpless ranting b/c you can't come up with a real reason why the WR250 is better!

I bought my XR650R used with less than 300 miles and 3 months old for $3500 in Jan 2001 and haven't spent a dime on it since b/c it hasn't needed it! I bet you probably have close to twice that sunk in to your Mama's WR250R with repairs and all the fancy crap on it b/c it isnt' capable on its own!

Go tell your daddy that you want a real bike, when he tells you that you aren't man enough then go cry to your mom and maybe she'll let you ride her WR250R!

Leave us alone if you can't take it. If you stir up hornets be prepared to get stung!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.