its not like i wasnt warned

25 replies to this topic
  • rdefonce

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:58 AM

ha ha, I just double or triple the claimed times that people quote, and that's what it takes me.;-)
maybe 4 hours is reasonable, that's half a day!
perhaps I'm just gun-shy after reading too many threads claining "15 minutes and I had my fork seals changed", "30 or 45 minutes for a valve adjustment", etc.

• sledtrash

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:10 AM

ha ha, I just double or triple the claimed times that people quote, and that's what it takes me.;-)
maybe 4 hours is reasonable, that's half a day!
perhaps I'm just gun-shy after reading too many threads claining "15 minutes and I had my fork seals changed", "30 or 45 minutes for a valve adjustment", etc.

lol it took me forever because I didn't look at the way's that other people had did it before me, I just knew it had been done. I changed my other mind on how I was doing it multiple times!! Had to run back to the store 3-4 times. :thumbsup: but seriously you pull the seat, tank, I loosened my subframe top bolts so it would give me some spare room. FYI I ran mine between the top engine mounts and along the left side of the bike rather than goose's between the shock and reservoir.

Just over the carb and around the left side of the shock bolts and then made a small hole in the dust flap the rubber seal on the front of the airbox and forced a 1/2 hose through the hole and put a cheap filter on it and done.

So if you do the way that Gray suggested run the hose towards the rear of the engine put a Tee in the line and off the side of the T go into the air box happy days.

Edited by sledtrash, May 03, 2011 - 10:42 AM.

• rdefonce

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:45 AM

got'cha, sounds like you've been thru the process, thanks for the detail!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf450319

Posted May 03, 2011 - 10:39 AM

if your going new. you can sometimes fine a deal but 318 from yamaha seems low. i thought when i checked it was around 380$. you should post where you get it for 318.

$318.56 actually :

http://www.serviceya...amaha-oem-parts

IMO, it's not worth spending $200 +++ on your own used crank.

• grayracer513

Posted May 03, 2011 - 11:23 AM

I don't know. If I could get the bearing and pin refreshed and the crank aligned for $200, I'd probably save the $100. That probably does not include the rod, though (remember that the YZF rods are not the outer bearing race), and if there was any question about the rod, I think I'd go with the new assembly.

• salemonkey

Posted May 03, 2011 - 12:30 PM

$318.56 actually :

http://www.serviceya...amaha-oem-parts

thats actually a really good price on a oem crank. but its 200 exactly for mr crankshaft to do it(might be a couple other places as well). comes with a new pro x rod kit. rod, bearing, pin. and he even sends you the old one back so you can see how bad yours looked. im a guy usually looking to save money that way i can spend it elsewhere. like in this case it gave me the money for a new piston as well. i found a pro x piston kit on ebay for 126 shiped. so for 326 i was able to get my crank refreshed and a new piston for the same price you probably got yours shipped. but thats all personal and has to do with money.
i would of probably rebuilt my own crank if i could do it. was told thats something i dont want to mess with and the bearing could just go out again if not done correctly.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.