Any Experience with "No Bull" Riding Armor?

8 replies to this topic
  • PMAUST

Posted August 17, 2003 - 05:02 PM

I am looking at getting some better armor. While searching the net I found "No Bull". I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this armor. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Here is the link.
web page
I am looking for something that protects the whole torso area not just the front and back. Thanks, Paul

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted August 18, 2003 - 03:57 AM

PMAUST
Not that one, but I did recently get the Rockgardn...
I was doing the same thing, more protection, stuff that doesnt shift around and all that.

Here is the link for the write up

TT Link to web page for Rockgardn write up

HR
:D
:)

• PMAUST

Posted August 18, 2003 - 04:43 AM

HR, thanks for the reply. Someone else mentioned the Rockgardn and I looked at it. How well does it protect the sides directly underneath your arms? Is there any padding in that area?

Thanks, Paul

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted August 18, 2003 - 11:36 AM

How well does it protect the sides directly underneath your arms? Is there any padding in that area?

Thanks, Paul

Paul, yes there is padding that extends from under the chest area to about oh....inch to inch 1/2 back where there is a "break" and only the foundation lycra and then all the back padding starts. If you look at the photos on my original write up you can see it there kind of sort of!
Its not like a football QB wrap...and not a hard padding, but it is padded under the arms.
If you want I can take a digital photo of the underarm area and and post

HR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PMAUST

Posted August 18, 2003 - 02:18 PM

HR, that would be great if you could take a picture. I want to get something pretty quick. I can't find anyone who has experince with the NB and it is expensive. Looks like the Rockgardn might just do the job.
Thanks, Paul
:) :D

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted August 18, 2003 - 01:02 PM

Updated the actual write up on the Dale Side....and here is the photo as well.....

just a small gap in the padding, its flexible stuff, like the hip pads you get in Moose or Fox pants....bout that thick...

Posted Image

Hope this helps...

HR

• PMAUST

Posted August 18, 2003 - 03:24 PM

Thanks HR! That doesn't look too bad. Think I'll give it a try.
Paul

• oldbones

Posted August 19, 2003 - 09:02 AM

HR, after riding with you I felt naked with no pads at all, so next ride out I wore my Thor knee/shin guards and some cheapie elbow pads. Never been so hot in my life! I don't know how you aren't dying in that flak jacket of yours!

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted August 19, 2003 - 12:02 PM

HR, after riding with you I felt naked with no pads at all, so next ride out I wore my Thor knee/shin guards and some cheapie elbow pads. Never been so hot in my life! I don't know how you aren't dying in that flak jacket of yours!

The rockgardn is pricey...but you get what you pay for...its not hot at all, vents incredibly well.....in fact when we were blastin on the fireroads, it was almost cold...no joke....so no I wasnt hot at all. The base material is wierd but in terms of venting and wind etc...its not there...very kewl... :D

But You dont crash like me.... :)
Its really ugly... :D

HR

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.