New Pegs

6 replies to this topic
  • kawi380

Posted April 29, 2011 - 11:17 AM

I need to get some new foot pegs on my 08wr450f. Any recommendations? Anyone have any stock pegs they don't want anymore?

In case you're wondering I went way up in the air and came back down on a huge rock. My left peg is mangled pretty bad and I fear if I ride on it, it will break.:thumbsup:

• fatandforty

Posted April 29, 2011 - 02:35 PM

Get some PivotPegz, a little pricey but they are awesome to ride on.

• YamaLink

Posted April 30, 2011 - 05:45 AM

Ooooh yeah, Pivot Pegz!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted May 01, 2011 - 07:34 AM

Pivot pegs look cool. Has anybody tried them. That seems like it would be weird for a while.

• SXP

Posted May 01, 2011 - 01:22 PM

I run them on my 400 and 450. I recently sheared the left PivotPegz off on my 400 when I got too close to the side of a canyon wall on a narrow single track. I guess the grazing angle was just right and it snapped cleanly off instead of just folding up. I've lost confidence in them and they are coming off both my bikes.

• kawi380

Posted May 02, 2011 - 01:51 PM

I lost a foot peg once on my kx500 wide open in a H&H race and almost died. It sure was a long ride back to the truck with no left peg. I love the stock pegs and would get another pair if I could find some.

So, NO on the pivot pegs.

• YamaLink

Posted May 03, 2011 - 01:16 PM

Run them on all my bikes and enjoy them. Helps with everything from hillclimbing to seated braking and weighting of the outside peg. Have not rode them in super nasty mud so I don't know if they'll be like sticks of butter.

Pivot pegs look cool. Has anybody tried them. That seems like it would be weird for a while.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.