Idle without oil

21 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 10, 2001 - 04:24 PM

HEY! ON THE NOTE OF USING A SYNTHETIC OIL, I SPOKE WITH MY SHOP YESTERDAY AND THEY SAID THAT SYNTHETIC OIL HAS FRICTION MODIFIERS IN IT AND WONT WORK WITH THE CLUTCH AS WELL. JUST MY TWO SENSE.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • enmerdeur

Posted May 10, 2001 - 05:55 PM

That is true for many oils but the Mobil 1 15-50 has none. Your shop naturally has a biased view since they would like to sell you Yamalube @ $8/liter. Check out this article for more info. http://www.eric-gorr...h_june_1999.htm

Originally posted by fireman:
HEY! ON THE NOTE OF USING A SYNTHETIC OIL, I SPOKE WITH MY SHOP YESTERDAY AND THEY SAID THAT SYNTHETIC OIL HAS FRICTION MODIFIERS IN IT AND WONT WORK WITH THE CLUTCH AS WELL. JUST MY TWO SENSE.

------------------
SHN
99'YZ-400 (Mine)
00' TT-R 125 (Hers)
91' KX-125 (Son #1)
93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)
99' PW-80 (Son #3)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.