Big bore with CP high compression piston

I have a 03 YZ450F, which i have turned into supermoto. I am thinking of upgrading the motor a little bit (already have WB Carbon Pro full system, JD jetting and open air filter K&N style).

My first thought since i don't want to spend a lot of money, was to buy a big bore kit from Cylinder Works or Max Power at 478cc.

As far as i can see these kits come with a standard compression piston.

So, do you think that a higher compression CP 13:5 with the big bore kit will work better or not? I am thinking that it might require other cams or head porting...

Also has anyone installed a CP piston with a Cylinder Works cylinder (i see that CW comes only with Vertex pistons)?

get yourself a stroker crank and a high compression cp piston and get your cylinder remade to fit the big bore piston its like putting a perfectly nice cylinder back in that already works maybe porting and cams will also give you some power but not as much as a stroker 500cc

get yourself a stroker crank and a high compression cp piston and get your cylinder remade to fit the big bore piston its like putting a perfectly nice cylinder back in that already works maybe porting and cams will also give you some power but not as much as a stroker 500cc

I know that a stroker will give me more power, but as i mentioned i cannot afford right now the extra $ for it.

Also a stroker isn't as reliable as a simple big bore cylinder at 478cc...

I have done a lot of search in this forum about High Compression pistons. I see that a lot of guys have installed 13,5:1 CPs or Wiseco's in stock motors (cylinder bore and cams) and noticed power gains.

Do you think that there is any difference with the bigger bore?

(Gray, i would appreciate a lot your point of view:thumbsup:)