I got ripped off. Need to know all the differences between an 08 and 09 YZ450F

29 replies to this topic
  • mjv42085

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:21 AM

What are you CSI?

The poor guy got beat here. I don't know what his recourse is going to be.

No but when you go to purchase a bike especially from a private seller you really have to know what your looking at and what to look for. He admits he noticed the rims being mismatched on both the sellers bike and his friends, I would have instantly asked the seller right there why he swapped rims with his friend.
Also, he didnt get "beat" that awful badly, his problem is reverseable and probably resolvable with the seller.

• RiderX

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:28 AM

He says that the bike was kept at his friends house because he doesn't have a garage and rarely rides.

I finally got ahold of the seller and he said that he told his friend a while back that he could take whatever he wanted off of the bike because he was going to let it get repossessed. He ended up not letting it get repo'ed and forgot that he had told him that, and didn't even realize his friend swapped the parts. He is going to bring me the bike or the parts later today to swap them back.

Problem solved.

• ktmrider2002

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:33 AM

Im glad it all worked out for ya.

• wags450

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:35 AM

I asked the owner if anything had been messed with and he said no, it's all factory stock except the exhaust, and fuel screw.

It is factory stock just from a couple different years :thumbsup:

• Sheridan450F

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:51 AM

He says that the bike was kept at his friends house because he doesn't have a garage and rarely rides.

I finally got ahold of the seller and he said that he told his friend a while back that he could take whatever he wanted off of the bike because he was going to let it get repossessed. He ended up not letting it get repo'ed and forgot that he had told him that, and didn't even realize his friend swapped the parts. He is going to bring me the bike or the parts later today to swap them back.

Problem solved.

Cool beans man, good to hear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamiryder

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:44 PM

Problem solved.

Glad everything worked out!:thumbsup:

• jasen 2007

Posted April 27, 2011 - 01:16 PM

Well it sounds like its all going to work out, as long as the the PO actually does what he says hes going to do. So far it sounds good!!!

• Troutman

Posted April 29, 2011 - 12:26 PM

Problem solved.

So did he come thru and show with the parts?

• RiderX

Posted April 29, 2011 - 05:46 PM

So did he come thru and show with the parts?

Actually we worked out a deal for some of my cash back. I'm happy with the outcome.

• richardnoggin

Posted April 29, 2011 - 05:57 PM

My question did the bike run and turn good?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.