• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:41 AM

It's 4-26, my friends! :thumbsup:

• jayh300

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:42 AM

yep... sure is...

• niles

Posted April 26, 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hahaha Grey,good one... BIG THUMBS UP :thumbsup:)

• Troutman

Posted April 26, 2011 - 07:35 PM

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:

• eazrider

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:10 PM

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:

And, you forgot to mention...."Easy to start"..:thumbsup:

• jcm3

Posted April 27, 2011 - 04:20 PM

I wondered why I had a hard time 'getting started' today.

Actually, now that I have the Hot Cams, I don't have that issue anymore. :thumbsup:

• Troutman

Posted April 27, 2011 - 06:07 PM

:bonk: Yeah, but actualy mine was easy to start, granted I had to do the "procedure" which I dont miss, but you learn that pretty quick and it seemed normal back then :cheers: not anymore :thumbsup:

• usp4u

Posted April 28, 2011 - 04:49 AM

As a Mopar guy, I have to recognize it as "Hemi Day".

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:14 AM

OK, but as a Mopar guy, you know that the Wedge came first:

Posted Image

• jayh300

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:37 AM

Posted Image

nice wedge...... i would take that in a heartbeat..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2011 - 09:46 AM

nice wedge...... i would take that in a heartbeat..

4 speed it was, too.

• jayh300

Posted April 28, 2011 - 10:00 AM

4 speed it was, too.

yep... Hot rod.. a buddy of mine has a 440 pistol grip 4 speed roadrunner... it is a blast..

• Mr. Neutron

Posted April 28, 2011 - 10:47 AM

Ford Guy here..... I like the 4/29s...... I'll celebrate wildly tomorrow.... :thumbsup:

Jimmie

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2011 - 10:58 AM

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :thumbsup::thumbsup::smirk:

• jayh300

Posted April 28, 2011 - 11:15 AM

no i did not know that... not really a ford guy either, but one of the guys in hs had a 69 merc montego mx that he stuffed a 429 in.. had a factory tach in it that would come off the peg when it shifted, but other than that it was pegged out.. i grew up in a town with literally less than 800 population.. in that town was .. a six pack gtx..a 440 gtx.. this montego mx, a bad fast cougar, a couple of fast mustangs, a v8 monza, and a rotary mazda rx3 that would shoot flames out the back. a v8 javelin, a v8 colt. fun little town...

back kinda on topic... rumor i always read the 426 designer guys were old mopar gear heads ??

• YamahaDoc

Posted April 28, 2011 - 11:30 AM

No joke mine IS easy to start... all the time. Even after a fall! :cheers: I love her so... :thumbsup:

• Mr. Neutron

Posted April 28, 2011 - 12:33 PM

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :moon::p:smirk:

Sorry to continue on wildly off-topic here, but..... :busted:

No, that's a total surprise to me that a Chevy engineer was the mastermind of the Cleveland..... :confused: I just knew those engines had ports that allowed them to breathe, and they ran pretty good.....

Hmmm. I wonder how many guys here can even remember Mavericks, Clevelands, & C6s? You're gettin' old, Gray..... :smirk: Seriously, that does indeed sound like a very cool project. :thumbsup:

And though I'm a self proclaimed Ford guy, I've never been afraid to go with what I could afford, or what worked best for my needs (like my '68 El Camino I had)..... I also have a WHOLE LOTTA respect for Zora Duntov..... :worthy: I'd consider him the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

Jimmie

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2011 - 01:56 PM

I'd consider (Zora Duntov) the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

That would be an apt analogy :thumbsup:

Him, and Charles "Boss" Kettering, the man who said "Parts left out of a design cost nothing and create no service problems". (sort of the original K.I.S.S.)

• usp4u

Posted April 29, 2011 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image

Why of course. Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

• grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2011 - 10:21 AM

Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

OMG :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.