Dodgy Indicators

2 replies to this topic
  • 4xsama

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:27 PM

I've just re-connected the indicators on my '05 WR450R and the don't tick on and off as usual. They light up, stay off for a bit, then might come on after a while.

Any ideas on the cause?

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted April 26, 2011 - 04:13 AM

Bad connections would be my guess. Probably some corrosion going on. Check all connections, and use some di-electric grease on those connections to keep corrosion at check. Maniac

• djrevz

Posted April 26, 2011 - 12:44 PM

hi, the problem there is most probably that the relay has packed up.... before buying another... get a voltage meter and put the black wire to the earth on the plug that connects to the relay and the red to the live and see if it gives a constant on off voltage reading if so the relay is fine but very unlikely...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.