Skid Plates

5 replies to this topic
  • Elan

Posted May 05, 2001 - 03:10 PM

I need a skid plate that gives the cases a good cover, not just a glide plate. I have seen plenty of brands, and was wondering if any one could reccomend a good, full cover plate, and if they have had any trouble installing thier's.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 05, 2001 - 03:21 PM

I have a MSR full-coverage plate, I even left my stock water-pump cover on with the new skid-plate. And it fit perfect, with lots of protection. ~Hit-man~

------------------
00' yz426f LATER DAYS!!!

• YZ426_Kicks

Posted May 05, 2001 - 05:55 PM

Hey Elan!

One of the first accessories I put on my bike was body armor. Im not overly concerned about adding a pound of weight, since I don't race. Look in the Dennis Kirk catalog, and on page 112 you will see the Moose skid plates.

I ordered one off these, and it covers everything from right below the frame oil bolt, wrapping right around underneath to the rear of the bikes frame. It has side guards that fold up over the water pump and the cdi to offer added protection. It is made of aluminum and attaches with 4 bolts.

The skid is easy to maintain and offers great protection. It also allows you to change the oil without removing. Removal is only necessary if you wish to remove the frame strainer!

If you look at the picture on page 112, it looks very similar. The YZ version is $75.95 - Part No. 51-2523.

Get it, you'll never regret it!

God Bless!

Randy
YZ426 Kicks

[This message has been edited by YZ426 Kicks (edited 05-05-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Elan

Posted May 06, 2001 - 08:05 AM

Thanks, i think i will get the moose plate. alrighty then. ttfn

• enmerdeur

Posted May 07, 2001 - 04:37 AM

I use the Utah Sport Cycle plate. You can get them at http://www.rockymoun...sp?sid=00385759

Rumor has it they are they build the plates for moose.

------------------
SHN
99'YZ-400 (Mine)
00' TT-R 125 (Hers)
91' KX-125 (Son #1)
93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)
99' PW-80 (Son #3)

• Tom_N

Posted May 07, 2001 - 05:38 AM

love me Devol plate, fits great and its set up for easy service like oil changes...

It utilizes the factory water pump protectors and has a flair around the other side to serve as a bit of a case saver..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.