2010 yz450f piston?

4 replies to this topic
  • moto278

Posted April 25, 2011 - 01:22 PM

just talked to a buddy about my bike. he thinks my piston is shot. my motor runs very loud and makes a knocking noise, or ticking sound as well. could this be the culprit behind my mystery 'bog' as well? and on another note. i kno that oem is best. but how are cp pistons and weisco pistons?

• DC_Excitement

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:18 PM

did you check your valve clearences?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted April 25, 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ticking 'could' be excessive valve clearances, meaning that your valves are moving meaning that air filter maint. is not up to decent standards! :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ticking 'could' be excessive valve clearances, meaning that your valves are moving meaning that air filter maint. is not up to decent standards! :thumbsup:

That would be really odd, since air filter maintenance generally leads to dirt wearing at the faces of the valves, and the resulting wear makes the valves tighter, not looser.

• moto278

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:18 PM

checked the valves at 6 hours nd 50 hours. almost identical and both in spec. and air filter maunt. is #1 priority next to good oil/filter in the motor. im gona do a piston just to be safe. dont wana be pricing out a full motor rebuild! haha. also wana see the crank as well. i get paranoid when guys tell me these things. also noticed moisture nd a couple drips of coolant from the weep hole under the water pump, is this normal? never had it happen on my 07 yz250f

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.