Looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my 03 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • BiggJake18

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:18 AM

As the title says, i have a 2003 WR450 that has a stock exhaust that i would like to replace with an FMF or something like that. If you want to sell yours let me know thanks!

• woods-rider

Posted April 25, 2011 - 10:11 PM

Have you considered a stock YZ450 exhaust? It's supposed to make a big difference and can be had fairly cheap compared to after market stuff.

• wondermuscle

Posted April 26, 2011 - 06:42 AM

You might get in trouble for asking folks to sell stuff but lets hope not.....

I wouldn't waste your money on a header, just buy a muffler. I have both a WR and YZ header and cannot tell a difference in performance between the two. BUT I do have a Q series FMF muffler, if I had a less restrictive muffler I might be able to tell the difference.

What type of riding do you do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BiggJake18

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:28 AM

Yes i would buy a yz exhaust im just looking to get less restriction and more power, ive unhooked the gray wire and it didnt really help. I do off and on road riding, mostly road riding.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:44 AM

I recently put a YZ exhaust on my 2003 WR450 and it made a world of
difference. The engine loves finally being able to breathe and performance
seems better all around without getting ignorant loud. I like the way it looks
also. Much better than the 03 WR exhaust and in my opinion looks better than
many of the aftermarket exhausts.

The 2003 YZ exhaust is pretty much straight through with no restrictions. I
had mine apart so I saw the design first hand.

The YZ exhaust on the WR is the best bang for the buck you can get. Got
mine from ebay $100 for a exhaust that had never been used. Definitely
happy with that!

• BiggJake18

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thats a good price and thanks for the feedback i will check out some used pipes on ebay.

• byggd

Posted April 28, 2011 - 06:36 AM

I do off and on road riding, mostly road riding

Just remember. Road riding = loud pipes save lives ........ off road riding = loud pipes close trails.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.