Starting '05 WR450 after 6 months

3 replies to this topic
  • 4xsama

Posted April 25, 2011 - 01:37 AM

I'm trying to get my '05 WR450 started after not running it for 6 months - no joy!

Any tips. Fuel may be stale but bike was serviced prior to last use so I don't think it is bike condition.

If it were a car I would be pouring fuel/aero start in the carbie but I have a limited experience with bikes and don't know what I can get away with.

Winter is approaching (down here anyway) and I am keen to get things ready.

• MANIAC998

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:17 AM

Fresh fuel in the tank, and lean the bike over on it's side until fuel comes flowing out of the overflow hose on the carb. Choke on, three twists of the throttle, and a couple of kicks and it should fire up. The carb is internally clean, right? Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4xsama

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:21 PM

Worked like a charm

• MANIAC998

Posted April 26, 2011 - 04:14 AM

No problem Andrew!!! Maniac

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.