Help !!!Red glowing exhaust WR450F

4 replies to this topic
  • tonkie

Posted August 15, 2003 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

I own a new WR450F for one week now, and this evening I noticed that my exhaust become extremely hot its glowing red after a few minutes. I think the problem is that he can't loose his heat because the setup of the valves are not correct. Does anyone agree with that or is it another problem or is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

Harald

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 15, 2003 - 11:56 AM

It's normal.Was the bike idling?

Welcome to TT. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tonkie

Posted August 15, 2003 - 12:04 PM

Yes when I'm riding the problem is less I think because the wind.

Tonkie

• BrandonW

Posted August 15, 2003 - 12:10 PM

Hello tonkie, and welcome to ThumperTalk! Many different things are discussed here, but nothing more than motorcycles!

Yes, having your bike running and not moving (ideling) will make the exhaust pipe turn red. And it will do it quick!

Get moving, a little air through the radiators, and the bike will cool right back down.

It is best to limit the time that your bike is running while not moving. If I am stopped for 1 minute or more, I shut down.

Hope that answers your question.

• tonkie

Posted August 15, 2003 - 12:17 PM

Hello Brandon,

I always drive Honda and one week ago I switch to Yamaha and I thought this was my punnishment. Buy these answers take away those worries.

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.