YZ 400f exhaust question

6 replies to this topic
  • yz400fan

Posted April 23, 2011 - 09:04 AM

I have recently purchased a 99 yz400 and was looking around at exhaust options for it. My question is this, I know most 426 parts can interchange but can some of the 450 exhaust systems do the same? Maybe not completes but maybe just slipons. Also what exhaust systems that I dont have to sell my first born to buy are out there? Thanks!

• 250stroker

Posted April 24, 2011 - 12:24 PM

i had pro circut t-4 on my 400f. heres a vid of me riding and the sound. i sold the full exhaust for $200

• banda

Posted April 25, 2011 - 12:27 PM

I just put a FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 silencer on my 426 - got them from from Fay Meyers on Amazon for just about $400. Perfect fit, good sound, and great low speed driveability. I recommend them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 92db

Posted April 25, 2011 - 12:58 PM

Can't beat a slip on for a bolt on performance boost and it is easier on the wallet than a full system.

• MaxPower

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:11 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I feel the OEM exhaust is a fine compromise between sound and power. I have found that OEM exhaust has a much better finish after some time on them than almost all aftermarket pipes.
Do a repack and buy a fresh rear tire.But if you have to spend money I really liked the way the Dr D pipe sounded [/COLOR]

• banda

Posted April 26, 2011 - 04:42 AM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I feel the OEM exhaust is a fine compromise between sound and power. I have found that OEM exhaust has a much better finish after some time on them than almost all aftermarket pipes.
Do a repack and buy a fresh rear tire.But if you have to spend money I really liked the way the Dr D pipe sounded [/COLOR]

I suspect you have never heard how loud the original YZ400/426s were. The stock exhaust is painfully loud on these bikes.

• SledParty

Posted April 26, 2011 - 12:02 PM

I agree which is why i'm happy with my stock muffler. It's frigin LOUD and I dont need the perf gains I'm happy with the bike the way it is :-) Only reason I ever change my pipe is to make it louder! Finally yamaha did something right.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.