2012 WR450 Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:27 AM

What do you think our chances are on getting a fuel injection version this summer, I certainly hope we do so I can get one and sell my 06, I love fuel injection and think it`s time to upgrade my wr, as long as I can still get a street kit on her legally, I love riding her on the roads to all my favorite riding spots....... What do you guys think

• MrHilux

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:45 AM

Well I hope so.
Yamaha will lose sales if they don't.
I still think the WR is an awesome bike, but it's time for an upgrade.
Surely not another year's wait!
Come on Yamaha!
People are screaming for it, like a spoilt kid wanting an icecream!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted April 22, 2011 - 06:30 AM

I'd be looking at the off-road satellite team bikes later in the summer to see if anything pops up.

• wondermuscle

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Unless you need a light you can always buy a YZ and split the cases and toss in some different gears. I will probably do this if a new WR doesn't drop.

• MANIAC998

Posted April 23, 2011 - 03:51 AM

I hope not! I don't want EFI, not when I've got my carb working this well! The main reason I don't want EFI is you lose to much fuel capacity with the fuel pump sitting in the fuel tank. That, and I want my bikes to be easy to repair. Your results may vary! Maniac

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.