Pegs for a 99 YZ400F

2 replies to this topic
  • SledParty

Posted April 20, 2011 - 11:56 PM

I completely smahed me left side peg yesterday going up a steep log brige that was wrapped with a chain link fence for traction. Unfortunetly there was a huge puddle at the bottom before the climb and my tire spun out from under me about half way up. When the bike fell the peg didn't fold and it smashed it in to nearly flat.

I found a guy with aftermarket pegs for a 2008 YZ250F. He said he'll sell them to me for dirt cheap if they will work. He lives an hour away so I'm just wondering if 2008 YZ250F pegs will fit on a YZ400 I cross reference a couple aftermarket brands like MSR and IMS and the part numbers seem to be the same.I just want to be as certain as possible before I spend MORE in GAS to go pick them up then what he's asking for them. :-)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted April 21, 2011 - 12:53 AM

They should fit Ok. The only problems I have come across is putting a 'steel frame' specific peg on an alloy frame, whereas all the alloy frame pegs go onto the steel frame.

• SledParty

Posted April 21, 2011 - 10:26 PM

Well I bought them, IMS Pro Series and I swooped on em for $10! Gotta love craigslist. They worked like a dream, fit perfectly on my 99 YZ400 and they came off an 08 YZ 250f.

Sweet, back in business.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.