wr 450 master link

4 replies to this topic
  • Beta_Man

Posted August 14, 2003 - 09:33 AM

what kind of master link is on the 450's. I was going to take the master clip off to put on my other bike and there is none, it looks like it is riveted or presses on. So what is the trick to getting the master link out. Can you use it again or is it wrecked. :)

• endurodog

Posted August 14, 2003 - 10:18 AM

I actually ground mine off. It didn't appear there was anyway to reuse it to me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertChris

Posted August 14, 2003 - 11:57 AM

It's the link with the gold looking pins. If you have the tools you can grind off the old pins, pop the link, and install new pins. The tools are expensive so everybody I know just grinds off the old one and installs the traditional three piece master.

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 14, 2003 - 12:15 PM

WR450 did not have a master. You have to grind pins off. ` :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 14, 2003 - 02:04 PM

There is a master it's the rivet kind.I don't think you can reuse it though. Go buy a new master at the local shop they are less than $5.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.