differance in plastics from 06 to 09???

4 replies to this topic
  • galvanized

Posted April 20, 2011 - 03:08 PM

im looking for a graphic kit for my 2009 wr450 and the only one i can find is on effex and it says for wr450 05-06. was wondering how different the plastics were and would it fit. I can't seem to find 09 graphic kits anywhere, think it'l fit?

• zibbit u2

Posted April 20, 2011 - 03:48 PM

the plastics did change. If they list them for a 05-06, then chances are it's for a steel framed bike, which has a completely different style of shroud. Yours should pretty much fully cover the fuel tank, where-as the 05-06 shrouds only protrude from the front of the tank extending over the radiators. So, unfortunately I don't believe they'll work for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted April 20, 2011 - 04:44 PM

they are quite a bit different. you looking for factory replacements, or something different?

• galvanized

Posted April 20, 2011 - 05:54 PM

No I'm not looking for a different shroud just wanted a nice sticker kit on the bike but its gonna be a hastle its not that big of a deal for me.. The blue still looks nice lol

• The Hopper Show

Posted April 20, 2011 - 08:06 PM

thats what i meant. factory style graphics or something different? there are several choices for your bike that look nice and will work. including factory.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.