WR450F subframe 2003 vs 2006

No replies to this topic
  • KevB

Posted April 20, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I have picked up a 2003 450 nice and cheap. I changed the C&S and noticed the subframe has been worn quite a bit by a slack chain. I found one off a 2006 bike on an auction site and was wondering if anyone knows what the differences are between the 03 and 06 subframe as the OEM part numbers differ 5TJ-21190-00 for the 03 vs 5TJ-21190-80 for the 06...

I am pretty sure this is just an upgraded part number due to a mod by the factory, and that the subframe should fit, but it'd be nice to know the differences in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

PS I did the search on the chain wear and saw the various mods that can be made to the chain slider... but proper maintenance is the best way to go once I fix the problem

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.