Gas and oil??

4 replies to this topic
  • powers450f

Posted April 19, 2011 - 09:47 PM

Have a 11 yz450f and was wondering what some people are thinking about the fuel in the oil situation with the efi's. Read a lot of threads and never really found a solution... Nor do I think it is a problem just curious and wondering what some have done or if they have done anything.. Thanks

• yz450fcranker

Posted April 20, 2011 - 01:18 PM

gas comes in thorugh efi like carburetor upon further investigation it comes in to the cylinder head where it goes to the piston eith er piston isnt sealing or you got a bad head which is nearly impossible maybe you need a new piston after every 20 hours ofcourse you can just change the oil and ride it like you stole it till it eventually get gorilla fixed but then you will want to change the piston anyway ( the Italian way) the real way

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thestuz

Posted April 20, 2011 - 11:27 PM

i think it has f.a. to do with the ring sealing. because carb bikes never had this issue with fuel in oil and they shared the same piston/ring design.
gas will leak through your rings only if you got too much gas in the cylinder/running rich or its not burning correctly right?

• yz450fcranker

Posted April 21, 2011 - 11:53 PM

its not the same design it has been mutated and gas should not leak through the rings like it should be imposible to notice and how much gas is in the oil because if you ride hard enough the gas will separate from the oil and evaporate and there willl be no more gas for you to find after a big race

• powers450f

Posted April 22, 2011 - 11:35 AM

The bike only has 8 hours on it and I'm thinking there isn't much gas getting in there because it doesn't look like the oil is being thinned by the gas at all, just smells like gas.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.