Does the 6mm oil drain bolt on the left side of a 04 YZ450F need to be done?

2 replies to this topic
  • i ride

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:57 AM

There is a 6mm(thread size...and 8mm head size) on the left side on the engine that the manual says to do. Does it need to be done? Its a pain because its super close to the frame so its hard to get ur fingers in there, and I have to remove the skid plate each time. So does it actually need to be done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted April 19, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thought that it was just a check bolt to see if there is the right amount of oil, at least that's what the 8mm bolt near the shifter on the left side of the engine on my bike does..

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2011 - 11:44 AM

It's not a check bolt on the earlier models, but it does not need to be fiddled with, no.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.