2010 Rear linkage question

No replies to this topic
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 05:30 AM

I was greasing my rear suspension bearings last night for what i think is the 5th time since i have this bike. I did it a little different this time, i took the rear linkage last (with out leaving it on the swing arm) and when i put it back on (first) i noticed it would move about an eighth of an inch on the sliders. I know i did not forget anything and to be sure i removed it and made sure all the spacers were in. Since the other times i did this i put it on with the swing arm i would not have been able to see this movement, my question is, is this normal. there is no play up and down the movement is very smooth. Input only from people who have done this is what i am looking for. Thank you in advance.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.