Exhaust Weight Savings 2010 YZ450F

7 replies to this topic
  • RiverReaper

Posted April 18, 2011 - 07:06 PM

I was wondering if anybody had actually weighed their aftermarket exhaust compared to the stock and what the savings were. I'm not looking for a specific exhaust but post up what you found. I'm just trying to gather information before I buy an exhaust. Make sure you post what material your pipe is.

• todds924

Posted April 18, 2011 - 08:06 PM

Yosh rs4 Stainless/aluminum./full......Definitely heavier than stock

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 19, 2011 - 07:01 PM

Yosh rs4 Stainless/aluminum./full......Definitely heavier than stock

Yup RS4 yosh slip-on 1.2lbs heavier than stock... But worth every ounce IMHO!

• todds924

Posted April 19, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Yup RS4 yosh slip-on 1.2lbs heavier than stock... But worth every ounce IMHO!

Hey Chaz, you got a part number for the 99db insert...isnt it Ins 10 k or something? I need to get one...Just been running it without. Headache.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chazmagnum

Posted April 20, 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hey Chaz, you got a part number for the 99db insert...isnt it Ins 10 k or something? I need to get one...Just been running it without. Headache.

Sorry, I don't. I run without inserts. I think it's not to bad myself. Some guys have suggested that the helmet you wear may make a difference. Or earplugs. Goodluck!:thumbsup:

• todds924

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:25 PM

Sorry, I don't. I run without inserts. I think it's not to bad myself. Some guys have suggested that the helmet you wear may make a difference. Or earplugs. Goodluck!:thumbsup:

People saying performance loss with running it wide open instead of with the endcap insert?????I've been running it with nothing...and now I got the 99db insert so I;ll have to check that out...Part # was INS-10-K. 20 bucks.
And it is a larger diameter than the spark arrestor one the Aluminum can comes stock with. I think if you whacked off the spark arrestor screen..what you would have would look like the 96 db insert..They sell for the rs4

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:35 PM

People saying performance loss with running it wide open instead of with the endcap insert?????I've been running it with nothing...and now I got the 99db insert so I;ll have to check that out...Part # was INS-10-K. 20 bucks.
And it is a larger diameter than the spark arrestor one the Aluminum can comes stock with. I think if you whacked off the spark arrestor screen..what you would have would look like the 96 db insert..They sell for the rs4

I cant imagine better performance by plugging up the exaust? I get the noise thing but quiet almost always come at the cost
of performance.

• YamahaDoc

Posted April 22, 2011 - 09:03 PM

I cant imagine better performance by plugging up the exaust? I get the noise thing but quiet almost always come at the cost
of performance.

I can... Maybe not enough back pressure without the insert? IDK for sure but these things ARE highly tuned. So maybe without an insert it has odd back pressure.

I know someone that had a pipes for his Harley that were actually causeing harm to the motor because they were too short and supplied wrong BP.

Just Sayin... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.