Is an exhaust worth getting for a 09 Yz450f?

77 replies to this topic
  • 2smokeforlife

Posted April 21, 2011 - 06:11 PM

Thanks man!!!! By any chance do you know what the stocker header is made out of?

titanium

• MatadorMkV

Posted April 21, 2011 - 08:30 PM

Just curious...
What about the throttle tubes that have the three interchangeable cable pulls? I forget what they are called...had one on a '07 YZ250 2-stroke to make it a bit more friendly in tight sections. Just don't know if (in addition to FWW) these things would be effective on YZ450.

I just sold my '09 WR250F and bought a new left-over '09 YZ450F. I put a bit of money and work into the WR to make it a "little" more YZ like...now I'm doing a bit to the YZ to make it a little more WR like...LOL!

So far, just got the 9 oz. GYTR FWW...skid plate and probably Cycras next.

Thanks Guys,
Russ

• rcdude33

Posted April 22, 2011 - 03:43 PM

titanium

Thanks man!!!!

• Steel Panther

Posted April 22, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Just curious...
What about the throttle tubes that have the three interchangeable cable pulls? I forget what they are called...had one on a '07 YZ250 2-stroke to make it a bit more friendly in tight sections.

http://www.g2ergo.com/

G2 throttle cam system is the only one I know of.

• husky390or

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:26 PM

If you're on a budget, take a look at Delkevic headers. You can find them on ebay for around $120 bucks. They're decent, and coupled with an FMF Q4 and 06 CDI box, I noticed a huge improvement across the entire power band. Especially down low.

• rcdude33

Posted April 26, 2011 - 08:38 AM

I have been looking all overfor a 06 cdi but I can't find one hahahaha.

Also I think I changed my mind. I think I'm goingto go orb the drd SS system.
I noticed they are dry reasonable and I heard they add a good amount of bottom end.
Anybody ever have any problems? But plus I can get some dealer employee discount from them from what one of our reps told me.

• TTR230KING

Posted July 08, 2013 - 01:37 PM

i know this is an old topic, but my 08 yz450f has everything factory racing, from cams to piston to header and muffler... and i can put it in 5th and it'll just sit at an idle and cruse, but i bought it from a guy that had 12,000$ in suspension and engine work done to it, and was dyno tuned and came in at 60+ hp and 60+torque

• Dallas320

Posted July 10, 2013 - 11:17 AM

i know this is an old topic, but my 08 yz450f has everything factory racing, from cams to piston to header and muffler... and i can put it in 5th and it'll just sit at an idle and cruse, but i bought it from a guy that had 12,000$ in suspension and engine work done to it, and was dyno tuned and came in at 60+ hp and 60+torque

Sorry I don't mean to piss on your parade but your 14 and you have a "yz450f with 60+ torque and it has more than $12k in factory parts?"

Just sounds odd to me. Could you post some dyno charts and pics of the bike itself obviously if you could afford such an exotic bike you could afford a dyno run xD

• grayracer513

Posted July 10, 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's BS is what it is. In the first place, I know of only one person who has ever built a legitimate 60+hp 5 valve YZ450f, and that's Ron Hamp.

Secondly, in order to produce 60 hp with 60 ft/lb of torque, the power peak would have to be at 5252 RPM. Need I point out that that ain't going to happen? Didn't think so.

The Hamp engine I saw the work up on made 63 hp @ 9200 RPM. That would put the torque at 9200 RPM at 36 ft/lb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TTR230KING

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sorry I don't mean to piss on your parade but your 14 and you have a "yz450f with 60+ torque and it has more than $12k in factory parts?"

Just sounds odd to me. Could you post some dyno charts and pics of the bike itself obviously if you could afford such an exotic bike you could afford a dyno run xD

I bought it from a guy that dyno tuned it and blah blah blah, he was my dads old friend and gave me a deal on it for 3,000 cause he was desperate for the money... true story :thumbsup: just yesterday my clutch cable broke for no reason, but ill contact the guy who i bought it from and ask him if he has the dyno sheets... and heres the link to me coming off of a step-up https://www.facebook...&type=1

Edited by TTR230KING, July 14, 2013 - 10:04 AM.

• Dallas320

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I bought it from a guy that dyno tuned it and blah blah blah, he was my dads old friend and gave me a deal on it for 3,000 cause he was desperate for the money... true story :thumbsup: just yesterday my clutch cable broke for no reason, but ill contact the guy who i bought it from and ask him if he has the dyno sheets...

Well just for future reference. If you make a wild claim like that despite being true or not people want proof. Not calling anyone a liar. But I still can see 60+ torque that is improbable

• Dallas320

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Well just for future reference. If you make a wild claim like that despite being true or not people want proof. Not calling anyone a liar. But I still can't see 60+ torque that is improbable

Corrected... Is that a stock pipe?.....

• TTR230KING

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:11 AM

It's BS is what it is. In the first place, I know of only one person who has ever built a legitimate 60+hp 5 valve YZ450f, and that's Ron Hamp.

Secondly, in order to produce 60 hp with 60 ft/lb of torque, the power peak would have to be at 5252 RPM. Need I point out that that ain't going to happen? Didn't think so.

The Hamp engine I saw the work up on made 63 hp @ 9200 RPM. That would put the torque at 9200 RPM at 36 ft/lb.

YOU may only know of one person, and the torque and hp arent at the same rpm's... obviously, like i already said, ill try and get the dyno sheet if i can...

• TTR230KING

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:13 AM

Corrected... Is that a stock pipe?.....

nope its a factory racing pipe, 2-inch stainless steel

• Dallas320

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:48 AM

YOU may only know of one person, and the torque and hp arent at the same rpm's... obviously, like i already said, ill try and get the dyno sheet if i can...

Grey didn't say the hp/torque were at the same RPM's he was saying your PEAK hp would be at a certain rpm and torque would have to keep increasing for the torque to finally hit 60+ which is not likely

Factory racing pipe? Which factory made it? And what is a 2inch?....

• TTR230KING

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:26 PM

Grey didn't say the hp/torque were at the same RPM's he was saying your PEAK hp would be at a certain rpm and torque would have to keep increasing for the torque to finally hit 60+ which is not likely

Factory racing pipe? Which factory made it? And what is a 2inch?....

its a 2 inch diameter header and continues all the way up the the muffler, and its made by yamaha, the factory racers use it, or so i have been told...
and the torque is obviously down low, then it starts to drop off at higher rpm's

• grayracer513

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Whatever.

• Dallas320

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:42 PM

its a 2 inch diameter header and continues all the way up the the muffler, and its made by yamaha, the factory racers use it, or so i have been told...
and the torque is obviously down low, then it starts to drop off at higher rpm's

The stock pipe has a 2 inch diameter... Yeah I'm done also..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.