09 yz450 want to convert to wr450 crank for lights?

7 replies to this topic
  • Sprenkel86

Posted April 17, 2011 - 04:49 PM

I have an 09 yz450 i want to convert it to the wr450 crank to run lights. Will an 09 wr450 crank fit and do i need a cdi, flywheel/stator, wiring harness, and side cover from 09 wr450? Is there a reliable wr450 aftermarket stator? Also is there a lightweight flywheel for the wr?

• grayracer513

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:53 PM

I have an 09 yz450 i want to convert it to the wr450 crank to run lights.

Bring money.

Will an 09 wr450 crank fit ?

Yes.

do i need a cdi, flywheel/stator, wiring harness, and side cover from 09 wr450?

Among other things, yes

Is there a reliable wr450 aftermarket stator?

Yes, Trail Tech and others make several.

Also is there a lightweight flywheel for the wr?

No, but leaving the starter drive off the back of the flywheel makes it a little lighter than it is in a WR.

Read This:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=696590

• Sprenkel86

Posted April 17, 2011 - 06:04 PM

ok thanks i just dont want to lose any of the crazy power of the yz

• grayracer513

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:34 PM

I think that if you read Gary's post thoroughly you will find he didn't see any particular drop off in performance as a result.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted April 17, 2011 - 10:59 PM

Reading the title of this thread, and then "bring money", is a good statement for this job!!!! :thumbsup:

I was checking out some of trailtechs stator kits and IMO the case cover sticks way to far out the side of the bike and would break if you fell the right thing. Using WR parts is the best way

• grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2011 - 06:01 AM

I was checking out some of trailtechs stator kits and IMO the case cover sticks way to far out the side of the bike and would break if you fell the right thing.

Link?

• brentn

Posted April 18, 2011 - 10:43 AM

Took a while for me to find this, looks like it was NOT trail tech but Eline that I was actually referring too.

http://www.rickystat...hting_coil.html

Sorry for the mixup..

• grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2011 - 11:30 AM

That's what I thought. Those were never made for a YZ450 later than '05.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.