Quick Help/Idea Needed

3 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted August 13, 2003 - 03:34 AM

Last night I was doing an oil change on the bike. Started it up, let it idle for a minute, and decided I should wash it off a bit before undoing the plugs. After a quick spray down, I started it up again, and now have a very noticable ticking sound coming from the engin :). What could have happened??? I know cold water on a warm engine isn't totally desireable, but I just can't imagin it would cause problems. I've run glacial run off streams with the bike super hot many times with no problems.

Any ideas as to what it could/might be?? I'll be checking it again when I get home tonight.

Thx...

Dodger :D :D

• holeshot426

Posted August 13, 2003 - 05:15 AM

I have heard that before also, I dont know what it is but I was alarmed the first time I heard it to. It was about the same scenario, I was starting it after washing it. No worries, just noisy valve train sometimes. Like you said, there is no difference between that and running through ice cold streams in winter. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chopper357

Posted August 13, 2003 - 06:39 AM

was the bike on or off when you heard the "ticking noise"?

• Dodger

Posted August 13, 2003 - 08:04 AM

Running. The ticking was in unison with the piston, and was definately a brand new noise than the bike had 2 minutes earlier..........

Dodger :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.