Throttle stop on '98 400

4 replies to this topic
  • sathumper

Posted August 12, 2003 - 11:51 PM

Hi all,
I have been reading posts for a while now and all of you have mentioned shaving the throttle stop. I am in South Africa and at an altitude of 5800 feet asl. Do you recommend shaving the stop and if so what jetting should I go to. Bike is currently stock apart from a Pro Circuit T4 pipe.

Thanks in advance

• holeshot426

Posted August 14, 2003 - 12:46 PM

You should cut the throttle stop if you want more throttle, plane and simple. For better breathing, you can remove the air box lid. Free mods are just that - free :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted August 14, 2003 - 01:43 PM

i dont think that you would have to rejet after cutting the throttle stop. Shoot riding your bike areound with a Pro Circuit pipe at basically idle must suck. i bet your throttle stop is already cut.

• sathumper

Posted August 20, 2003 - 03:16 AM

Cheers guys thanx for I should check to see if the stop has been shaven ?.....suggested length to look for ?

Thanks in advance

• MOmilkman

Posted August 20, 2003 - 05:41 AM

Take off enough of the stop so that 9mm remains from the head of the bolt to the end.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.