converting my 03 WR450 to dual sport.

4 replies to this topic
  • reeseblaylock09

Posted April 14, 2011 - 11:41 AM

I am converting my 2003 WR450 to dual sport and i have run into a problem. I want to try to run the whole system off of a/c power but i don’t know where to connect the "hot" wire into my A/c system on my bike? Anyone know where it is located? also i live in the state of Kansas and have seen people riding dirt bike that are street legal, does anyone know the rules in Kansas for street legal aspect for dirt bikes?

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 14, 2011 - 01:07 PM

It's the yellow wire going to the headlight switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted April 14, 2011 - 09:28 PM

I am converting my 2003 WR450 to dual sport and i have run into a problem. I want to try to run the whole system off of a/c power but i don’t know where to connect the "hot" wire into my A/c system on my bike? Anyone know where it is located? also i live in the state of Kansas and have seen people riding dirt bike that are street legal, does anyone know the rules in Kansas for street legal aspect for dirt bikes?

If you need turn signals and a horn, this may prove problematic, as most are DC.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 15, 2011 - 05:44 AM

The easiest solution is to run the turn signals, brake lights and the horn off the battery and leave the headlight on the AC circuit. They are all intermittent loads so the DC charging circuit will handle them fine. That's the way I ran my plated WR for years with no problem.

• reeseblaylock09

Posted April 15, 2011 - 10:23 AM

ok i will look at doing that, but the only problem is that the kit i bought is all hooked together in one switch. they dont have seperate power wires i dont think...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.