Where to get a SMALL feeler gauge?

4 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted August 12, 2003 - 03:15 PM

Where can I buy a small, valve tappet feeler guage that goes smaller than .008inch? Most auto stores I've checked with only carry standard feeler guages. I'm in the middle of checking the valves on my WR450 and can only verify the exhaust valves but not the intake (clearance is smaller than .008, according to the manual.)

• N7SLC

Posted August 12, 2003 - 05:51 PM

What exactly are the specs?

Does it start at .008 and go up from there :) but your clearance is lower than that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 12, 2003 - 06:38 PM

Buy them online, you can try it at "Snap On" blades or you can get them elsewhere. Try Matco, MAC etc. I have the MAC ones for work and Snap On at home for my WR 426. Careful, if you want the metric ones, dont get the standards with metric equivalents, get "metric" and if you do it in thousanths, then get the standard ones, but dont try to use the MM readings/equivalents on the standard blades.

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted August 12, 2003 - 09:19 PM

I ran into the same problem. I found one at Sears that went down to .002

• ddialogue

Posted August 13, 2003 - 02:34 AM

THANKS guys!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.