Kill switch. Defective?

4 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 12, 2003 - 01:42 PM

Last few rides (long time ago) my kill switch was acting funny. Sometimes it would kill the bike and other times you could push on it and nothing.

Well tonight I got the bike out and decided to putt around the neighborhood a bit just to clean it out and the kill switch wont work at all.

Can they go bad like that? Whats the probability its something more complex like in my wiring? Im not a electrician by any means so I sure hope its the before and not the after...

• dominator426

Posted August 12, 2003 - 01:53 PM

They did switch to a higher quality and better sealed kill switch in 2002...To test it, disconnect the kill switch and try stopping engine by touching both wires together; which will ground out the coil, as a functional kill switch should do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted August 12, 2003 - 05:25 PM

Darin,

Check the connection under the tank. After as much riding you have done over the last couple of years, you probably just pulled a wire loose inside the connector.

Bonzai :)

• MOmilkman

Posted August 13, 2003 - 03:16 AM

Im gonna pull the tank off tonight and trace it down and check the connections. I bet your right Bill.

Believe it or not, theres one on eBay right now so I better act fast if I need a new one cause it will be mondo faster getting a new one from eBay than my dealer.

• MOmilkman

Posted August 13, 2003 - 08:26 AM

Darin,

Check the connection under the tank. After as much riding you have done over the last couple of years, you probably just pulled a wire loose inside the connector.

Bonzai :)

Bingo! :D

Thanks bill. I should have looked there first but since it was working sometimes and not at all other times I was thinking the button was bad. I guess it was just barley making a connection.

Anyway, its fixed. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.