Brand New 2009 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • cz9mm

Posted April 13, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I just picked up a brand new 2009 WR450 and was looking for some guidence. I removed the throttle stop screw which made a huge difference. What other mods do you suggest? BTW I bought the bike from Pioneer Motorsports in Chaffee, NY for 5,499 and they have more if interested. They were very nice but was a long ride from NJ. Does the grey wire mod do much for the 2009 WR?

• ZWR450

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:44 AM

I got a 2009 WR450 recently and did all the free mods (throttle stop, grey wire, airbox snorkle, pea shooter) and they definitely make a difference. :thumbsup:

• MANIAC998

Posted April 19, 2011 - 03:48 PM

Doing the Grey wire mod does help, some. It's not like night or day, but is noticeable. Now, on the other hand, doing all of the mod's like Paul mentioned, and that is like night versus day!!!! And I've got to add one more to the list as well. I personally think the JD jet kit is nearly a must-do also!!! Maniac

• need more play time

Posted April 20, 2011 - 02:53 PM

When you say remove the throttle stop, are you completely removing it or replacing it with different screw. I was told at the dealship to replace the screw with a different one, but I hear everybody talking about removing it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted April 20, 2011 - 04:23 PM

When you say remove the throttle stop, are you completely removing it or replacing it with different screw. I was told at the dealship to replace the screw with a different one, but I hear everybody talking about removing it.

not safe to not have one....

• cz9mm

Posted April 20, 2011 - 04:28 PM

I removed it and replaced it with a YZ throttle stop screw pn-5JG-14591-00-00

• wanawakeboard

Posted April 20, 2011 - 11:55 PM

the cdi is mapped for the factory throttle stop... once you put a yz stop in there the grey wire mod is supposed to make all the difference...

• cz9mm

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:33 PM

I have not done the grey wire for my 450 yet but did do it for my 2002 426 and realy didn't notice any difference so I may not bother doing it. Removing the trottle stop screw and replacing with the YZ is like night and day. The bike has now got way more power and is quite.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.