Zip Ty Carb Mod on 07-11 WR 450F?

8 replies to this topic
  • TorqueLover

Posted April 13, 2011 - 06:22 AM

hey guys am throwing around the idea on sending out my cab for the zip ty mod but i cant get any feeback on it...can they prejet the carb for mods as well? would the jetting be any better than the jd jetting kit?

my bike has a bog i cant get out of it....was thinking it could be from the restrictive 09 muffler, so i bought a 07 muffler and it will be soon here...

my bikes mods

- dual sport kit
- 14-45 gearing
- free mods - prefilters added to airbox for more air
- twin air filter with backfirescreen removed in cage
- GYTR jetting and desmog kit
- 09 yz 450f exhaust complete

am soon sending my forks and shock to factory connection for a revale,so would like to do this all at once...to save downtime...

any help or feedback would be great!

thanks

• William1

Posted April 13, 2011 - 07:33 AM

Not possible to perfectly prejet a carb. All the work zipty will do you can do yourself very easily. If then do get your carb, the jetting will not be perfect, it might be close. You still have to test your bike to get it right for you.

Your bog is due to the AP in need of tweaking. Read the sticky.

What do you call 'prefilters'? I hope you do not mean those 1" dia. inserts as they do nothing.

Backfire screen does not need to be removed on a Yamaha, nothing to gain.

• sledhead999

Posted April 13, 2011 - 10:05 AM

I agree ^^^^

I have a Boyesen Quick Shot AP, JD jet kit, uncorked air box, AIS delete, slip on muffler.....no more bogging for me!

• dgcars

Posted April 13, 2011 - 11:21 AM

When you done 'all' the mods, what leak jet did you put in and did you lock wire or 'O' ring the AP mechanism?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TorqueLover

Posted April 13, 2011 - 06:29 PM

am not sure, did the gytr kit in 08!

• TorqueLover

Posted April 13, 2011 - 06:31 PM

and no o ring mod or pump adjustments yet

• redswr

Posted April 13, 2011 - 10:13 PM

I agree ^^^^

I have a Boyesen Quick Shot AP, JD jet kit, uncorked air box, AIS delete, slip on muffler.....no more bogging for me!

+1 for the Boyesen Quick Shot... works great :thumbsup:

• dgcars

Posted April 13, 2011 - 11:33 PM

am not sure, did the gytr kit in 08!

and no o ring mod or pump adjustments yet

I would be surprised if a smaller leak jet and doing the 'O' ring or lock wire mod, even better a stronger AP spring (merge racing), did not cure your problem. Have a read at this.....http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=920989

• 2grimjim

Posted April 14, 2011 - 07:07 AM

Save your money on the ZipTy carb mod. All they do is install a Factory Pro jet kit and my experience with the several FP kit's I've use has has not been good.

On my WR471 I use the FMF Q4 exhaust w/megabomb header and jetting very close to a stock 2006 YZ450F and it runs BITCHEN!

The JD kit is a good option since it saves you the trouble of having to comb through the Yamie parts book looking for needle numbers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.