WR 400 PROBLEMS RE START

6 replies to this topic
  • GSS

Posted August 12, 2003 - 08:15 AM

I am new to the list .
Just bougth a 99´WR 400 havent ride it yet , i keep hearing comments that this bike has trouble re starting when hot , its this true ? if so , any tips in solving the problem ? Thanks in advance for your advice ,
George

• MOmilkman

Posted August 12, 2003 - 08:17 AM

No. My bike has never been hard to start. Its just a technique you need to learn. If the valves are adjusted properly you shouldnt have any problem fireing her up. :)

• jchantzWR400F

Posted August 12, 2003 - 08:19 AM

I have never heard of having problems while re-starting the 99WR400 while hot.

In fact, the only time I pull my hot-start switch is after I stall it on a hill, or lay it down. My rule of thumb, is only use the hot-start when you smell gas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted August 12, 2003 - 08:23 AM

Use the hot-start button on the carburetor when restarting a hot engine and don't turn the throttle. Every time you turn the throttle the accelerator pump squirts fuel and will flood your bike quickly (the biggest mistake for new riders here).

For your cold-start procedure, turn the throttle 1 or 2 times to squirt fuel and prime the engine. Then don't turn it again until the bike is running.

James

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted August 12, 2003 - 12:19 PM

Only had to use the hot start on 90 + degree days when I have stalled after extended periods of slow riding. Other than that 1-2 kicks every time. The starting procedure scares off more people than it should IMO.

• holeshot426

Posted August 12, 2003 - 01:57 PM

:cry:No worries, once you get the technique figured out, you will never buy anything but blue...

• GSS

Posted August 13, 2003 - 04:08 AM

Thank U ALL for your kind replies.!!
George

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.