IMS tank with WR P/C on 08450

4 replies to this topic
  • wags450

Posted April 12, 2011 - 12:48 PM

When I searched I have seen a lot of guys say that if you run the IMS large capacity tank you need an older pc so that it faces the correct way.

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 12, 2011 - 01:16 PM

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

If you put a pre 07+ WR450 petcock assembly on an 06+ IMS YZ450f tank (confussing I know :cheers:), YES you will have a petcock that faces rearward towards the carb and YES you will have a reserve. (see below for example)

To make is simple, the part number you want to order is: 2GU 24500-02-00

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wags450

Posted April 12, 2011 - 02:12 PM

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 12, 2011 - 02:35 PM

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

The picture above is with a YZ tank on the WR...

Clean...that picture was taken when the bike was brand new never ridden :cheers:

• wags450

Posted April 12, 2011 - 02:53 PM

Oh man I knew it was either too good to be true or you paint it every time you ride

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.