2000 yz426f

No replies to this topic
  • Yamaryder29

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a bit new to this section of thumper talk. I'm an avid yz250f rider and i've been offered the chance to be a 2000 yz426 for $600. The bike is in excellant shape. You couldn't ask for a better owner. The PO had it heat sieze, so he did a complete top end job. I kinda thaught at that time, the crank was junk, but he didn't replace it because it freed up. Anyway, the bike ran for about 3 minutes before it siezed again. Me, being a friend of the owner, he decided to give up and buy a newer 450, so he offered the bike to me for $600. I'm definetely buying it and plan on rebuilding the complete engine, but am wondering is there anything i need to know about the 426? It has a auto-decomp cam, so starting should be easy.
Here's a pic of the bike

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.