Rekluse for 2010 yz450f

5 replies to this topic
  • suzuki161

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:01 PM

i was looking at maybe getting a rekluse for my 2010 450. I have never used one and wanted to know a little bit about them. Do they last long and take the abuse better than a stock one im kind of hard on the clutch and want something that will last longer.

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2011 - 06:44 PM

What kind of riding do you do, and what is it you expect of the Rekluse?

• suzuki161

Posted April 11, 2011 - 03:11 AM

i race motocross and i was wanting to know if it would last longer than a stock clutch because i have to replace a stock clutch about every 2 months

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:22 AM

The Rekluse is an auto clutch, designed primarily to relieve the rider of any concerns over brake stalling, or having to worry about feathering the clutch through tight spots, getting caught a gear high, etc. They may or may not extend the life of the clutch, but if you fall into the habit of letting the clutch cover your shifting mistakes, or deliberately running a gear high on your corner exits to avoid a shift (or correcting your gearing, it can actually shorten your clutch life.

With the Rekluse Core EXP or Z-Start Pro, you would need to completely relearn your approach to using the clutch. You let the clutch do the job for you. You can manually override either one.

Frankly, and no offense meant by it, if you are going through a clutch every two months, you really are doing something wrong. Personally, with the extraordinarily wide power curve of a YZ450, I fail to understand why someone riding MX would really ever even bother with the clutch.

• mattmoto441

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:45 AM

are you looking ath the EXP rekluse ?? i have one and love it . yest it will last much longer then the stocker because u will not have to use it as much . u will find u r self railing corners with more momentum. i hardly use my clutch any more now that i have the EXP

http://www.thumperta...6099&highlight=

• idahojoe

Posted April 12, 2011 - 09:47 AM

Rekluse Core EXP is designed to stand up to the stress of agressive riding and racing.
Heat is what kills clutches. When the rider uses the clutch alot comming out of corners, the human is generally inconsistant. We pull in, the rpms come up, we let out, the rpms go down, we pull in, the rps come up and so on. This builds heat.
A Rekluse Core EXP clutch engages so smooth and consistantly that it doesn't create the heat. For a lot of riders who traditionally go through clutches fast, the Rekluse will extend your clutch life.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.