2004 YZ450F wont kick start

3 replies to this topic
  • jshillhouse

Posted April 09, 2011 - 08:19 AM

I was out riding the other day for a few hours, stopped for about 10 or 15 mins. to take some videos. When I got back on my bike and went to start it, it took a few kicks, and a couple of times the compression kicked the kicker back at me pretty hard. Then when I got the bike started and just barely let out of the clutch to start moving, there was a pop, or something, and it stalled, then when I tried to kick start it, there was no compression, and kind of a rattling in the top end.... Any idea what might have happened? I didn't have any problems with the bike up until this point...

• grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Check the cam timing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2grimjim

Posted April 09, 2011 - 06:19 PM

Pull your sparkplug first and look for signs of damage. If the sparkplug is damaged you probably ate a valve.

• jshillhouse

Posted April 10, 2011 - 05:27 AM

Thanks, I'll do that (and hope its just the timing)

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.