about carburetor on wr426f

12 replies to this topic
  • tsorpi

Posted April 09, 2011 - 03:05 AM

i have a keihin carburetor maybe from a wr426f the previous owner told me that,the bike is a wr400f...the only part number i have is a 5ng6-60pl06 which is writen on the main body of carburetor(which have hot start)...so the question is what year and what model is it came from....because i want to rebuilt it....and finaly the best thing is to buy the gasket and the o-rings from yamaha or some keihin distributor??sory for he long post...hope for some answers

• RichFZR-WR

Posted April 09, 2011 - 04:23 AM

I got 5ng6 60pj11 on my carb which is a wr426f 02.
5ng6 is the bike model number and 60pj11 is the carb id number i beleive.
If you can get seals direct from Keihin go for it cause from Yamaha the are bloody expensive.
I had to get a new float bowl gasket and it was £26 from yamaha.

• William1

Posted April 09, 2011 - 06:02 AM

You can get the parts at nearly any dirt bike dealer. Alsmost all MX bikes use the FCR. There are two styles, a slant (AP linkage is external) and the MX (AP linkage is internal)

• tsorpi

Posted April 10, 2011 - 12:14 AM

so i opened it....can i find the inner gaskets which is inside the main body???in keihin site says dont open this...

• William1

Posted April 10, 2011 - 01:30 AM

Internal Seals

There is really no need to EVER split the carb body. Tamper resistant screws are there for a reason. Very rarely does a FCR actually need a rebuild, more oten than not, the body itself is worn out before all the seals go bad. Typically, the only rubber part that fails is the oring on the float needle seat. That is, unless an owne messes with it.

• tsorpi

Posted April 10, 2011 - 03:09 AM

my carb was in very bad sitiuation...belive me i woulden't tear it apart for no reason...actually the whole bike was in that sitiuation but this is another thing...thanks for the replys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flooder305

Posted April 10, 2011 - 07:38 AM

Here's a link to a great breakdown of the FCR carb, which includes some of the internals.

• tsorpi

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:15 AM

I got the athena internal o-ring replacement gaskets. In the kit there are two gaskets that do not fit perfect, witch one do i use?(in the carburator there was only one gasket..)

• William1

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:19 AM

I got the athena internal o-ring replacement gaskets. In the kit there are two gaskets that do not fit perfect, witch one do i use?(in the carburator there was only one gasket..)

Use the one identical in shape to your old one.

• tsorpi

Posted April 27, 2011 - 10:08 AM

no gasket is compatable :thumbsup: ... any help would be nice....

• William1

Posted April 27, 2011 - 10:44 AM

The two gaskets in the kit should be significantly different from each other. If they appear identical the kit is not correct. Go here and look at the two in the picture. Notice the big differences at the fuel screw area. Bascially, there are two types. One for a four screw float bowl and one for the old, three screw float bowl.

You may want to email James Dean and tell him of your problem, he may have the correct part.

This trouble you are having is exactly why the screws are to never be removed.

• tsorpi

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:58 PM

you are correct,never open something that souldnt be...aboyt athena it is like crappy made,so now i will put the old one and never open it again...and keihin must stop put screws in there to avoid accidents..:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted April 28, 2011 - 05:15 AM

The screws are 'tamper proof' for a reason.... you are not supposed to 'tamper with them'.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.