rad cap

1 reply to this topic
  • gsxrguy

Posted August 11, 2003 - 08:16 AM

question? i have removed my rad over flow tank of my wrf 450 for weight reduction. in my last ride i lost about 2 oz of coolant. in my manual it says opening pressure is 15.6 psi.Is the yz 450 a higher pressure?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted August 11, 2003 - 12:38 PM

I wouldn't increase the pressure for only 2 oz of coolant loss, just check the level and refill prior to any ride. 2 oz is insignificant and not worth increasing my pressure/temperature for. I removed my bottle some time back without changing caps with similar results and no problems. Just don't idle her for any extended periods. :)
Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.