99 WR400 Rebuild

45 replies to this topic
  • Markjb85

Posted October 25, 2011 - 04:47 PM

took it out for a ride on the weekend and got it all dirty. It held up really well i was very happy that nothing broke or fell apart.

And it goes harder than it did before and wheel stands much much easier :thumbsup:

• Markjb85

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:44 PM

well it didn't last long :smirk: I killed it on the weekend.

Was out riding for less than 2 hours and when I was WOT it developed a rattle so I switched it off straight away. I'm thinking its a crank bearing, I had a car make a similar noise a while ago and that's what it was.

When I got home I pulled the valve cover off and it all checked out ok with plenty of oil and it has plenty of compression so I'm hoping its just the bearings but the worse things is the motor has to come back out and split the cases again.

ill keep you all updated.

• MANIAC998

Posted January 17, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Wow! That sucks!! Let us know what you find. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Markjb85

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:42 PM

well its not looking good. I got the engine out and partially stripped.

The gudgeon pin clip has let go which has caused it to float around and break the piston which has then scored the barrel.

I have some pics and will upload later.

• Markjb85

Posted February 08, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Its running again! :smirk:

I found a guy who was stripping his WR and purchased all the bits i needed, chucked it back together on the weekend and gave it a few kicks and away it went.

• magazine

Posted February 08, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Nice!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.