How much $ spark arrester fine

4 replies to this topic
  • Shawn

Posted April 26, 2001 - 04:31 PM

Anyone know how much the forestry service will fine you for if you don't have a spark arrester? I've been told they don't care too much where I'm currently planning on ridding, but want to make sure I can handle the amount just in case they do care and I get the hammer.

Thanks in advance!

99YZ400F (him)
00TTR125 (her)

• dirtdad

Posted April 26, 2001 - 04:37 PM

Just buy the darn spark arrestor. There are many high quality offerings to choose from. The cost may not be more than the fine and they don't really hinder performance at all.
Most move the power around and smooth it out.
Just my two scents.

00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
91 CR125
83 YZ490
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 9inger

Posted April 27, 2001 - 03:36 AM

Whats the arrestor to get?

• Blueblood

Posted April 27, 2001 - 12:19 PM

I ride mainly track so the first year (99) I went without. Last spring I loaded up the whole family drove 4 hours to Stoneyford, got there late, setup camp, woke up, geared up, warmed up the bike, just about to do some epic trailbustin' and POW! the ranger came along with his coat hanger and clipboard. He said he would impound my bike :) and fine me if I did'nt leave. Needless to say it was a long drive home and I was embarrassed that I'd not taken care of it prior to the trip. On the way home I picked up the WB e-Series pipe and header and (a couple more ponies). Soooo, anyway I'm not sure if he was B.S.'n me but I did'nt want to stick around and find out. Get the pipe.

Lez Ride!

• teamtoxic

Posted April 27, 2001 - 03:12 PM

<font color="navy">One of my buddies I go riding with was caught by the DNR without a Sparky. The fine was $75 here in Michigan. It might be different where you are

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.