wr tuning question?

2 replies to this topic
  • Nosboy

Posted April 06, 2011 - 05:48 PM

First up i have to say that i dont fly the blue flag i fly the orange flag so this question is for my bro. He has an 06 wr450. Now it has a staintune pipe and aftermarket jets but he doesnt know what size as it was bought this way. Now when you hit the throttle from idle or low revs to quickly the bike stalls. Is this a jetting problem? When the revs are up there is no problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 06, 2011 - 11:14 PM

Yes... if it quickly stalls, I would say that the bike is not jetted correctly. You definitely need to rejet if you change pipes.

Find the jetting guide at the top of this forum and follow it.

• MANIAC998

Posted April 07, 2011 - 03:52 AM

With the correct jetting, it's amazing what you can do with that "Whiskey Throttle"!!! Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.