Are any 450x CA green sticker?

12 replies to this topic
  • trooper8

Posted April 05, 2011 - 11:54 AM

What year(s), if any, are CA green sticker?
i.e. no "C" or "3" in 8th digit of VIN.

Thanks
ride on...

• youngztr

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:07 PM

Look at the VIN. 2003 and newer bikes a "3" or "C" in the 8th position of the VIN is a red sticker bike.

www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Well, every year sold in CA is Green Sticker.

I believe the 49 state versions ended in 2008, so every year after would be green compliant.

• trooper8

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:11 PM

Correct. Anyone know if any years meet that requirement?
I'm pretty sure not all bikes sold in CA meet that, even though some have even been plated!

• motocrossman7

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:27 PM

CA stopped the plating of enduro models because they didnt meet C.A.R.B.smog standards.the last year that you could doe it with there blessing is 2004 but rumor is there are legit ways around the burrowacracy but i dont know of them .;-):cheers::ride:

• trooper8

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:36 PM

Anyone know for sure about the VINs?

• husky34

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:38 PM

I don't have a 450X, but many of my riding buddies do. Three of them have the 06' model and thy are all green stickered.

• trooper8

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:44 PM

CA dmv has registered many incorrectly granting green stickers and plates and threatened to correct those mistakes. Then the vin will be critical, and maybe critical when registering after a used bike purchase.

• motocrossman7

Posted April 05, 2011 - 12:53 PM

you can thank the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for the red /green law but there is hope my friends clean technology is being tested as we speak to make two strokes burn clean as four strokes!

• motocrossman7

Posted April 05, 2011 - 01:02 PM

For the record to your question all Honda 450x models are green sticker to date.
Each manufacture has to meet the smog lords requirements to get this classification and racing models are NOT allowed green tags but things can change.:cheers:

• motocrossman7

Posted April 05, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Trooper 8 is correct! ,though i have not heard of any revocations or problems with renewals or sale registrations as of yet.

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:58 PM

For the record to your question all Honda 450x models are green sticker to date.
Each manufacture has to meet the smog lords requirements to get this classification and racing models are NOT allowed green tags but things can change.:cheers:

All 450X's have non-red sticker VIN numbers. All.
2008 and later are CA EPA compliant for 'off road' use (year round).
2007 and before outside of CA are not compliant, but don't have Red sticker VINs so it doesn't matter.

• Nayther

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:03 PM

x2, all "x" models are green sticker

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First time racer! by OwenDennis

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450X
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

450X Graphic Kits by OwenDennis

• 19 replies
Forums
Photo

This is the way to start an awesome port remodel. by Jeff@bigborethumpers

• Hot  57 replies
Forums
Photo

crf450x sumo? by jrice2012

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto (SuperMotard)
  • Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

2005 CRF 450X Electric Start and Battery Issues by DaxxRuckus

• 15 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.